Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Jackie Pease: We (@maintain_hive) have organised an online darning workshop with emma summerscales of Studio Thrift (DoES Liverpool people might know her from one of the #repaircafe events).
You can buy tickets via Tito
- Adrian McEwen: In part 4 we looked at the receiver unit; worked out what voltage we can run the solenoid at; and cleaned up the auto-power-off mechanism #weeknotes youtube.com/watch?v=S8qf6F…
- Adrian McEwen: Daisy-chaining four bench power supplies to get the 110V DC that we need for it… on Saturday we finally tried applying power to the teleprinter for the first time since… last century? …the Second World War? Who knows! #weeknotes #ibal229 youtube.com/watch?v=TFp1I0…
- MCQN Ltd: Plotting some assembly work for Arthur #weeknotes #ibal232 pic.twitter.com/dnQssgNbq0
- MCQN Ltd: 🗒️Tweet to Play 2021🗒️
(MCQN Ltd #weeknotes 810-811)Does Arthur (me) play orange sparkle?I could give it a go… but the Liverbird definitely DoES. And pickle pink wiggle, too!Thread ⬇️ 1/9 pic.twitter.com/W144J0x2cP
- Lennon: Why aren’t people who can deliver value for society supported by society to do so? #weeknotes twitter.com/molloylaurence…
- Robotorium: Who brought this haunted monkey to DoES Liverpool and how, praytell, do we break its curse? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/z06ClpYalO
- Martin Dunschen: I knew these old pipes would come handy for my #raspberrypi #swift surveillance setup. Night vision pic is from under eaves, ready for swifts to raise chicks as every year, between the right rafters. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5HL14VvsXP
- Lennon: This result was interesting. I didn’t expect such agreement. I thought I might have a little chat today about something I think is a bit of a taboo: the Voices in Our Heads…. #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- Jackie Pease: Interesting weekend testing out natural dyes with Caroline Corby. They all look loads brighter before they dry…
Nice purples and reds from Brazilian logwood. One of the dyes was made out of insects – feels like a bad thing #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ZOWs0Lmedk
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 22 April, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker NightOnline at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 358 open, 1205 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: Work out and set up an induction process for the CNC router. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: