Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Lennon: Fast Booting “Bare Metal” MicroPython on the Pi0You might like this Julian Todd Andy Stanford-Clark Caroline Keep 🌟😊 biglesppatreon.com/posts/bare-met… #weeknotes #stem
- Lennon: Here’s the vase pic Jackie Pease #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JKz5M5vwMP
- Lennon: Bringing it all together: Real-time interactive coding with Jupyter, Micropython and IoT sensors on the Raspberry Pi Zero #weeknotespatreon.com/posts/bringing… pic.twitter.com/kIBXQZRhht
- Lennon: It was great to catch up with Pat Bennett of the #openSTEM network the other day to chat about what Andrea and I have been working on with our #IoT beehive project mybees.co.uk #weeknoteslinkedin.com/posts/openstem…
- Lennon: Plus points (and fizz) if you can get in and overlay a message before I am done.:: #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- Lennon: Some exciting news on what we’ve been doing with STFC Innovations #weeknotes twitter.com/stfc_b2b/statu…
- Adrian McEwen: This week’s MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 809 – Printing and Plotting dlvr.it/Rx9PSc
- Lennon: Been working up to breaking out the Embecosm MAGEEC WAND power measurement board for some time now. Going to see how the blues wireless #Note performs (if I can remember how to drive the WAND!) #FOSDEM #weeknotes<a href=”https://www.embecosm.com/resources/hardware/#EHW7“>embecosm.com/resources/hard… pic.twitter.com/eohUf
- DoES Liverpool: Thanks stephen dobson – plotter pens have arrived and we’re hoping to get started this weekend!
- Adrian McEwen: Getting ready to do some #LiveCoding – going to stream how to hook the My Baby’s Got LED board mcqn.com/ibal223/ up to Twitter using Node-RED #ibal223 #weeknotes Going live at 12pm (in 20 minutes), assuming I get things lined up in time 😉 pic.twitter.com/gxBAs91USv
- Lennon: Super excited the blues wireless #Note has arrived for the next phase of the #IoTBees project Andrea #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/zasLdsPcUn
- Lennon: This is how the remote environmental sensing unit is going to look Andrea #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ppNPpFE2fS
- Adrian McEwen: Loving the night-mode #DoESTheLiverbirdPlay on the live stream at the moment #weeknotes #salmon #springgreen #CornflowerBlue twitter.com/MCQN_Ltd/statu… pic.twitter.com/1MRWiArNik
- Lennon: Coding #NodeRed flows with Caroline Keep 🌟😊 this morning DoES Liverpool ! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/wEHPSLR8dP
- Lennon: OK so my little prototype battery powered remote rig is publishing up to balena. Now to get I2C comms going to the blues wireless #Note and get that publishing up the same data… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sXjtOLSjBR
- Lennon: Passing IoT sensor information through 5G NB-IoT with the Blues.io Note #weeknotes patreon.com/posts/passing-…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 13 April, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Thursday 15 April, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 359 open, 1204 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: Update health and safety procedures for the Tapestry. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed