Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Following a session of soldering on Friday, the new, improved My Baby’s Got LED boards are back in stock in the MCQN Ltd Tindie Maker Marketplace store tindie.com/products/mcqn_… Here’s a #timelapse of the board production! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/0mbOrRvfus
- DoES Liverpool: We’ve made a recording of Pat Link talking about recycling plastic NestonHighSchool-Makerspace – catch it on our YouTube channel here youtu.be/Iq2mps5OIDA
Great for teachers and anyone else interested in making with recycled plastic #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/SBqReqidmH
- Adrian McEwen: Soldering, putting the LED boards back on sale, and chatting about measuring the environmental impact of electronics; the latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 806 – The Shop is Restocked! dlvr.it/RvgrPM
- Adrian McEwen: Signs of life from the #teleprinter! In part 3 of our ongoing series Paul and I got to where we can hand-crank the transmitter and have it send the right codes! #weeknotes youtube.com/watch?v=HiYFeW…
- Adrian McEwen: If I squint a bit this could be a future vision for the Fabric District (and we’re part way there already). (via ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Hannah)) #weeknotes whyisthisinteresting.substack.com/p/the-urban-ma…
- Lennon: So over in lesson one – Hacking my Chinese Camera we looked at getting an IP address to talk to #weeknotes
- Jackie Pease: Last weekend’s experiments with machine embroidery and glue film jackiepease.zone/blogpost/2021/… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/0CfJi9f3Kn
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 23 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 25 March, 7:00pm-9:300pm||Maker Night online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 362 open, 1200 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Get the electronics and software up and running on the monster laser cutter. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: