Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: They’re here! The new revision of the My Baby’s Got LED board PCBs have arrived. We’ll be firing up the reflow oven (and introducing Arthur to surface-mount soldering) later in the week #ibal223 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/FAVD9ouUUd
- Adrian McEwen: The messy middle of prototyping, and more. This week’s MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 805 – Total Chaos dlvr.it/RvDR6j
- Lennon: I’m gobsmacked and honoured to be invited by the lovely people balena to be a part of their new Ambassador Programme. I have known for years that containerisation is how we are going to have to manage edge and 5G systems in future. Awesome to be part of this #weeknotes twitter.com/balena_io/stat…
- Jackie Pease: Really interesting DoES Liverpool Wearable Tech meetup this evening with We Have Never Been Individuals, @kasmaker plus Richard Sewell from Bristol, who makes giant inflatable robotic animals! (and also told us about polyurethane glue film, which is laserable and looks great for fabric folding) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/zW2txKuQk2
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s AEDesigns – using our new laser cutter Sheila to make high end wedding invitations this morning #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/s6shzTvDD3
- DoES Liverpool: Amazing work by knottyashcreative after just 2 sessions with our new embroidery machine, Threaderic (and having gone through the introductory online tutorials for #inkstitch open source embroidery software) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/HJ9TJ48H6C
- Robotorium: Finally got round to adding a wiki page for Fred the embroidery machine on the DoES Liverpool wiki github.com/DoESLiverpool/… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/xIzjn2eI7T
- Jackie Pease: Sticking all the things (@kasmaker fabric chain mail, polypropylene and ply) with polyurethane glue film recommended by Richard Sewell #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/s9YU3geMWG
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 18 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker-night online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 362 open, 1198 closed
3 new issues:
- Write Instructions for Laser Cutter Tony
- Fixing up Creality CR-10S – seems like a hot end problem
- New Big Laser
Featured issue: Sort out Reward Shirts. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: