Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Had a walk over to Toolstation to buy a “1ohm wire-wound 25W resistor” earlier, so printed out some Field Papers to do some mapping of Fabric District en route, as prep for my mapping workshop with Taking Root #Multitasking #ibal223 #ibal230 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/s5qQ9T3pMc
- Jackie Pease: Conductive biomaterial made at the @steamhouse_uk Biobox workshop Thanks Sarah and Zoe for a great course with lots to think about
More of my experiments here:
- Adrian McEwen: It’s been interesting working through what MCQN Ltd is and what its ethos is with Arthur. Having to explain it to him will, I think, help us then explain it to the world. Latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 801-802 – From McEwen to MCQN dlvr.it/RsmNmc
- DoES Liverpool: Another cute canine, Betsy the Beagle, visiting @doesliverpool yesterday with caroline corby – Caroline was using our sublimation printer to fulfill tee shirt orders for her customers #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/tirAgavuUm
- A. John Lennon: The lovely people at HackSpace magazine have done a piece in their latest issue on what Andrea and I have been working on with the #MyBees project !!!! How exciting !!! DoES Liverpool balena Raspberry Pi #weeknotes twitter.com/HackSpaceMag/s…
- Adrian McEwen: We recorded some bits of video while we were investigating the teleprinter and I’ve got it edited down and up on the MCQN Ltd YouTube channel #weeknotes youtube.com/watch?v=3YZY0e…
- chris huffee: Knitting data from Mars at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/V4QcAy10C3
- A. John Lennon: We are! We’ve been invited to talk Ignite Liverpool !! How exciting !! #weeknotes twitter.com/b4biodiversity…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 23 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Wearable Tech Night online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino
|Thursday 25 February
|No Maker Night this week as it’s the online Ignite Liverpool event, find out more here: https://igniteliverpool.com/2021/02/speaker-42-an-ignite-in-by-the-fire/
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 361 open, 1195 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Make Dinky a nice space for meetings. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: