Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
If you need visors then please fill in the “Request Visors” form at https://visors.doesliverpool.com/ – you don’t need to work for the NHS.
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: They’re here! The first batch of My Baby’s Got LED PCBs has arrived. #ibal223 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/trGiYlkf1H
- MCQN Ltd: It works! 😍 Three boards soldered up for an initial test and all worked perfectly first time 👌🎉 #ibal223 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/e36tqF9Ibd
- Jackie Pease: Morning visit to my workplace in Leigh to collect a monitor, then to Robotorium house on the way back to get some water colour paper to try out on the pen plotter. Lovely to see both Jane and Snoof #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/7jwXAIPOji
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Here DoES Liverpool we have Julian Todd and Seimon Williams exploring his new Oculus Godot Engine #TunnelVR networked collaborative VR environment! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/MWD3ygFvn5
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: The wonderful people MajorTim.space asked me to contribute to their #StarStrikingFacts series, so I thought I’d talk a little about the scientific method, and the science of the very big and very small! #weeknotes twitter.com/majortimspace/…
- Adrian McEwen: The latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 789 – Two Product Launches In As Many Weeks dlvr.it/RlncfK
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Business-eers and Marketeers can often be about making the world incredibly complicated. Innovators, real true innovators. We make the world simple. Give me a flame, a metal sheet and some food and I’ll show you value #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ctDCSZrLcD
- MCQN Ltd: A productive afternoon of #reflow #surfacemount #soldering in the DoES Liverpool workshop #ibal223 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/MFOZ8MJkKX
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Really excited! I went through Snopek Games #WebXR tutorial for Godot Engine. Hannah lent me her dinosaur design. Then I setup GitHub actions to automatically export & push to a WebXR page here. You can view on browser or in Oculus !!!!! #weeknotesdynamicdevices.github.io/DinoXR pic.twitter.com/dHrsmFs5LR
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Had another tour of the state of play in Julian’s #TunnelVR world. It’s looking damn good #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yVcFqKhL2i
- Jackie Pease: Testing out recently arrived WS2812 neon effect strip with MCQN Ltd #ibal223 board. Really nice – maybe I could just keep them by my desk #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2YJPaIA3il
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 24 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino|
|Thursday 26 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 352 open, 1170 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Reduce the draughts in the space. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: