Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
If you need visors then please fill in the “Request Visors” form at https://visors.doesliverpool.com/ – you don’t need to work for the NHS.
Things of Note
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Things are starting to look a bit less lonely in the #ReverseAdventCalendar for #FoodBanks this morning! Can’t seem to find tinned potatoes or smash in @LidlGB though. What’s that all about? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hvXjfBLgb3
- Adrian McEwen: It’s been a long time coming, but We Have Never Been Individuals and I are going to be running a beginners #PCB design workshop using #Kicad on 5th December. Tickets and more details at eventbrite.co.uk/e/my-first-pcb… #weeknotes
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Finally managed to get some time to sit down with the printer and do the water molecule Amelia Jane Piper MajorTim.space . Nearly finished a test piece then it failed. 🥺 Will try again #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/15umLGO9Cn
- DoES Liverpool: Overnight – @draughtworx using our events room for a marathon photography session. He’s making a catalogue of all his earring designs #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/huW5qMeT5q
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: A bit stringified but it looks like it might be ok #Northstar #DeckX #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Q3mY2WqMo5
- Adrian McEwen: The My Baby’s Got LED board is all about making it easier for non-electronics people to get in on the LED fun, but there are sooo many options for which LEDs you should buy to pair with it. So I wrote a blog post to help out: dlvr.it/RlcsNM #weeknotes #ibal223
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Here DoES Liverpool hard at work upgrading the Northstar #AR headset to the new DeckX mechanicals #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yOavQeKEbx
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Oh my God. Life!!!! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/0QQY1czgr3
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: First attempt at bacon ice cream. Ridiculously bacony, quite confusing and yet marvellous. I reckon a full English ice cream breakfast is indeed on the cards #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/iwqtsRDj0x
- DoES Liverpool: Sunday afternoon experiments: @_reasonpi and @draughtworx trying out a lovely old letterpress machine that @_reasonpi has brought in to @doesliverpool. This was laser cut MDF. Next to try – laser rubber and CNC aluminium #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hlQ3mk9K2X
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 19 November, 7:00pm-8:00pm||Community Meeting online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino|
|Thursday 19 November, 8:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 352 open, 1168 closed
2 new issues:
- Water for laser cooling
- Add the “Number of days since last explosion” counter to the scrolling LED matrix display
Featured issue: Replace toner (and belt unit?) in the OKI colour printer. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed