Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
If you need visors then please fill in the “Request Visors” form at https://visors.doesliverpool.com/ – you don’t need to work for the NHS.
Things of Note
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Look at that eh? Lots of fun prototyping Andy Stanford-Clark ‘s #AmbientKettle design here on the resin printer DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Yb0CX5gMlO
- John McKerrell: The funny thing is this will actually be genuinely useful, once I’ve ironed out (🤦♂️) the bugs. #weeknotes twitter.com/McKerrellHouse…
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Got Julian Todd Project Jupyter plugin working for Wemos w600-pico #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/gqNyFjjdu2
- Adrian McEwen: And only a week after placing the order I had finished boards on my desk 😍 Now to solder on the connectors and fire it up #ibal211 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/C9Klw4ZUvP
- MCQN Ltd: Slowly adding some #indieweb features to our main website. mcqn.com now supports #webmention on blog posts and catalogue entries #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 01 September, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino
|Wednesday 02 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 03 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 341 open, 1145 closed
8 new issues:
- Repairing Ultimaker2 extended 3D printer
- Buy our own PAT tester
- Buy new white acrylic sheets
- Buy new tips for the mcqn soldering station
- Build some shelves and cupboards for the Recess
- Put an AIS antenna on the roof
- Robovac – loud noise and failure to pick up
- Vacuum Former – needs addditional heating elements and/or a smaller frame to hold items in place
Featured issue: Install a hearing loop inside event rooms. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
- Buy tweezers/forceps for workshop and first aid boxes
- Build a window vent and laser extraction tubing 🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂 (our oldest issue – opened in 2014 – thanks magman2112 Sean J and Isaac for finally completing this)