Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
If you need visors then please fill in the “Request Visors” form at https://visors.doesliverpool.com/ – you don’t need to work for the NHS.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: I’ve written about my #LiveCoding experiment over on the MCQN Ltd blog, with notes on my set-up, the wider context, and how it went #weeknotes dlvr.it/RdNlCB
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Really excited about this project. Been working with Andy Stanford-Clark around his and Dr Laura Cowen’s #AmbientKettle ideas. This is where we got to. Looking for #IoT peeps who would like to beta and feedback issues to get this honed into a product. #weeknotes Jonny Clark Growth Platform pic.twitter.com/yXlBLLJAek
- Adrian McEwen: This is the sort of intentional #CircularEconomy prototyping-future-society that runs throughout the (extended) DoES Liverpool community. Waste plastic from our #COVID19 visor project is becoming notebook covers and combs 😍😍😍 #weeknotes twitter.com/plastacs/statu…
- DoES Liverpool: Great virtual maker night with Michael Dales, Matthew Croughan , Sean J, Mike G, Haven, pat link and Jackie Pease – casual conversation about new laser cutter parts, 3d printers, Autodesk Fusion 360 , and Pat’s house renovation #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/n37QdMBRYb
- MCQN Ltd: Wrapping up the #IndieMfg project, Adrian McEwen has just tidied up the website and uploaded the final research report so that everyone can access it indie.mcqn.com/blog/2020/08/1… #weeknotes #ibal161 #OpenAccess #research #AcademicTwitter
- Adrian McEwen: Hehe, one of the perks of contributing to #OpenSource projects, you get credit for the work you do, and that’s visible to everyone #weeknotes twitter.com/MatthewCrougha…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 20 August, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 20 August, 7:00pm-8:00pm||Community Meeting online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 338 open, 1139 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Replace toner (and belt unit?) in the OKI colour printer. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed