Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Dates for Your Diary
DoES Liverpool are taking part in Wirral MakeFest on Saturday 3rd June and Liverpool MakeFest on Saturday 1st July. Both are great opportunities for the DoES Liverpool community to show people what we do and what we make (and to meet other makers and see all the excellent things that they’ve been making of course).
If you’d like to come along and help, or have something you’ve made that you’d like to display, then please add your details to the relevant Git issues or have a word with one of the DoES Liverpool organisers. Even if you’re not sure you’ll finish in time it’s useful for us to be able to know what we might need to set up.
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Delicious cake brought in today by Adrian McEwen @firstname.lastname@example.org – Happy Birthday Adrian!
- Jackie Pease: Our newest Boost member, textile artist Tam, brought in her new puppy Scooch to familiarise her with the space earlier today.
- DoES Liverpool: Lovely things, laser cut and engraved from iridescent acrylic by Sasha Spyrou using our small laser cutter Sheila
- DoES Liverpool: From Thursday’s #MakerNight – Anne-Marie @collabedo taking a break from plastic plant pots to try out another recycling activity – creating beautiful sequins from aluminium drinks cans.
- Jackie Pease: Excellent afternoon pen plotting Future Yard while Ola of Softly Spoken Calligraphy taught people how to make dip pens from cans and twigs.
Ola let me have a few of the pens to experiment with before next weekend.
Thanks to Sanna King for organising for @SavingRon #WeekNotes pic.twitter.com/59qorH70mY
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 22 May, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 22 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 25 May, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 28 May, 2:00pm-5:00pm||
Instead of our usual Plastic Playgroup at DoES Liverpool, this bank holiday weekend we’ll be taking part in #InspiredByRonsPlace at Future Yard in Birkenhead.
Join us from 3pm – 5pm and learn how to fuse together layers of soft plastic (such as bubble wrap and unwanted carrier bags) to make a new material which can be used to create pouches, glasses cases, etc.
More details of this and other events taking place throughout the weekend are here!
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person:
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 386 open, 1440 closed
7 new issues:
- Gertie: needle broken
- Fred: Threaded connector missing from one of the large embroidery hoops
- DoorBot 4 (ground level, inside the shutter) isn’t working
- Coffee status display is not working
- 3-D printer “Prints Adam” (Ultimaker) is out of action
- Commission new A3 colour laser-printer
- Queen Victoria is refusing to load paper
Featured issue: Update health and safety procedures for the Tapestry. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: