Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Dates for Your Diary
DoES Liverpool are taking part in Wirral MakeFest on Saturday 3rd June and Liverpool MakeFest on Saturday 1st July. Both are great opportunities for the DoES Liverpool community to show people what we do and what we make (and to meet other makers and see all the excellent things that they’ve been making of course).
If you’d like to come along and help, or have something you’ve made that you’d like to display, then please add your details to the relevant Git issues or have a word with one of the DoES Liverpool organisers. Even if you’re not sure you’ll finish in time it’s useful for us to be able to know what we might need to set up.
Things of Note
- @email@example.com: I used #NixOS to create a reproducible test that runs in 27 seconds. Can be ran on any #Linux distribution. It spawns #gnome #stardustxr #monado in a #QEMU VM, takes a screenshot, ensures the graphical pipeline is working correctly for VR Headsets. 150~ lines of #Nix.
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: This test is now PR’d to #stardustxr here github.com/StardustXR/ser… It can be reproduced by any one of you by running:nix build github:matthewcroughan/server/mc/vm-test#gnome-graphical-test#nixos #weeknotes twitter.com/MatthewCrougha…
- @email@example.com: Woo hoo! The lovely ladies we all remember from Robinson College Robinson College Alumni who looked after us so amazingly well. As I get older I realise how lucky I was to have this community of wonderful around me. Supporting #BinsonGives #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yHMC3HC8ul
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Super proud of my brother, Our Paul, who is restarting his picture framing business #FreshPrintz. As you can see he’s got a talent for this! Liverpool CAMRA CAMRA DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Me2ZFfiiS4
- DoES Liverpool: New vinyl storage by Mike G, attached to the French cleats he’s been putting up in the recess over the past couple of weeks
- DoES Liverpool: We’ve been enjoying Eurovision. Kirsty organised both a making session to create hoop decorations and lights for Friday night’s Danny, part of the Peloton joyride and a Watch Party on Saturday night
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 15 May, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 15 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Tuesday 16 May, 6:00pm-8:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Thursday 18 May, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 20 May, 9:00am-1:00pm||Mary Quant Talk|
|Sunday 21 May, 11:00am-3:00pm||Repair Café|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 380 open, 1439 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Collect a list of people who sell things made at DoES. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed: