Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- @email@example.com: I got a bit of life extending the TinyGSM library to support Quectel internal MQTT stack rather than using PubSubClient with their AT commands… #weeknotesgithub.com/DynamicDevices…
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Mobile Nix OS with Gnome is now running on my Lenovo Chromebook! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nHNt8T1Bao
- Julian Todd: @doesliverpool #weeknotes Tracklog of my hang-glider flight where I was on my final approach to the bottom landing field of Lord’s Seat in the Peaks just before I got a thermal to the sky at the rate of 4m/s where everything got frozen at 2000m asl livetrack24.com/track/2368886 pic.twitter.com/MBL090U4RO
- @email@example.com: Aaron Honeycutt There’s an image here (for 1 week) that you can dd onto a USB stick to boot Nix on a Lenovo Chrome Duet Laptop. #MobileNix #NixOS NixOS #weeknoteswe.tl/t-5Te0cG4ijE pic.twitter.com/ZwdEsyTNPa
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Wow. Super happy. We made this Masterbuilt. Even more fun than Lego. I couldn’t have attempted the challenge without my boy. We had so much fun even before we start smoking #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/h3j5ZeR1bQ
- @email@example.com: Here we go ! #smoking #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/B3Eq2X91ss
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: So here we have the internal temperature of the smoker against the internal temps of the pastrami and the two gammon joints. We’re going to raise the temp of the pastrami to 74C as per Meathead “BBQ Whisperer, Hedonism Evangelist” ‘s advice #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/swGJ2iOJvs
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 01 May, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 01 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Tuesday 02 May, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Wednesday 03 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 04 May, 7:00pm-11:00pm||LivNUG (Liverpool Nix/NixOS User Group)|
|Thursday 04 May, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 385 open, 1431 closed
4 new issues:
- Extra lighting for sewing machines and electronics workbench.
- Felicity maintainance
- Prints adam maintainance
- Maintain or update the Ultimakers
Featured issue: Work out and set up an induction process for the CNC router. Can we move this on or close it
7 issues closed:
- Prints Adam (3D printer) Needs new piece (bowden tube white clip thingy) As I broke it, sorry.
- Calibration for Gerald
- Mount the first-aid kits on the wall
- Extraction in the laser-cutter room
- Felicity (Ultimaker 2) does not extrude
- One of Felicity’s fans isn’t working
- Contest business rates bill