Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
At the moment Weeknotes is mainly compiled from Tweets posted by members of the community, using an automated program that searches for the hashtag #weeknotes on accounts we follow. It’s still working at the moment, but no guarantees.
DoES Liverpool has now got a Mastodon account (as mentioned below, you can follow us at does.social/@DoESLiverpool or @DoESLiverpool@does.social), and we’re aiming to collect your weeknotes from there as soon as possible (there’s an open Git issue here).
For the time being, it would be great if you could post your weeknotes to both – if you don’t have a Mastodon account it might be a good time to set one up (ask if you don’t know how – there’s a DoES Liverpool instance that people in the community are welcome to join if you want). And please don’t stop posting weeknotes!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Great to see knottyashcreative pencil roll that he designed and made here DoES Liverpool
#WeekNotes #Stationery pic.twitter.com/GoxnnGtjAa
- Jackie Pease: Mike G helping me cut plastic strips for comets during Saturday’s #MakerDay DoES Liverpool
- Mini Sew N Sew: Had a little drive on Gertie the industrial DoES Liverpool today. She’s VERY fast. Still not sure I want to move on to industrial… if only there was something inbetween… Zebra dunga’s looking good though #weeknotes #dungarees #zebras pic.twitter.com/r6sm9npmeA
- @email@example.com: Hi Liverpool University Hospitals NHS FT is there a way for me to fill a form to express my thanks for the care I received in Aintree Hospital today? Story follows… #weeknotes #diabetes pic.twitter.com/HxIdczDHL1
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Bit weird that isn’t it. Looks like the results of a really bad sting. This was from the cannula they put in me to inject me with the radioactive material they scanned going through my heart 🤯#weeknotes pic.twitter.com/en3ymFUpSn
- @email@example.com: Look at how boring that is Laurence Molloy – testing. But it’s delish. Sort of following in your footsteps. Cooked half a pack of pasta I had and put half of the fridge chicken masala from this week. It’s gorg. Why don’t schools teach this? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/KsK28SSO50
- DoES Liverpool: Julian Julian Todd testing out the splines on a Kuka robot in Sheffield using the pen lift mechanism from our pen plotter McGraw, which he’s borrowed for the day
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: I think we have a new Turing test – can an AI learn from its mistakes? Andy Stanford-Clark #weeknotes twitter.com/vincevatter/st…
- @email@example.com: Me brother Paul is a talented lad. This week #FreshPrintz were creating labcustom enclosure for these amazing historical collectibles. Everton FC News The PostEFC People’s Group #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/zNH6RkDI4P
- Nicola – Drawn to science: Took a nose dive this week and my lungs need a rest so I didn’t move from my sofa nest yesterday. But I needed a little something to do so I picked up a half started project, quite a good one with #RedNoseDay today! Components from Kitronik #etextiles #toymaking #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/90FdwNystG
- Jackie Pease: The PelotonLiv #DiscoBreastPlates we worked on a while back DoES Liverpool – currently featuring crescents for #Ramadan
- Jackie Pease: Following today’s #RepairCafe, I was lucky to have @Sanna_King and Mike G to help me with the comet for Friday’s workshop for Convenience Gallery – here’s Sanna trying out ideas for the soft plastic flames
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 20 March, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 20 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 23 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 26 March, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Make new things from abandoned plastic with us. Plantpots, purses … pedalos?
Shred plastic. Blend it. Meld scraps together with a heat gun. Make sheets. Laser cut it. CNC it. Stitch potato bags together with soldering iron? Make fabrics with a regular iron? What have we got, what can we make? We don’t know – let’s figure it out!
1. No Objectives – this is an aimless and wandering session.
2. Bring Your Own Initiative – this is an active session and we’ll help you get creative.
Every two weeks on a Sunday afternoon, between 2pm and 5pm.
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow @plastacs on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 379 open, 1403 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Door handle of Room 29 is wobbly. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: