Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
At the moment Weeknotes is mainly compiled from Tweets posted by members of the community, using an automated program that searches for the hashtag #weeknotes on accounts we follow. It’s still working at the moment, but no guarantees.
DoES Liverpool has now got a Mastodon account (as mentioned below, you can follow us at does.social/@DoESLiverpool or @DoESLiverpool@does.social), and we’re aiming to collect your weeknotes from there as soon as possible (there’s an open Git issue here).
For the time being, it would be great if you could post your weeknotes to both – if you don’t have a Mastodon account it might be a good time to set one up (ask if you don’t know how – there’s a DoES Liverpool instance that people in the community are welcome to join if you want). And please don’t stop posting weeknotes!
Things of Note
- @email@example.com: I want to show iGen I’m down with them. What sloganwear should I print up DoES Liverpool this week? #weeknotes
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Getting trained up! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/7ZGB6sRPS5
- Adrian McEwen @email@example.com: Gearing up for a busy day here at DoES Liverpool.Got three different groups of folk coming to have a look round and find out more about makerspaces and what we get up to.#makerspace #coworking #innovation #weeknotes
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: I’ve never been terribly impressed with the tomato and white sauce layering of lasagne. So tonight we’re doing a layered spicy beef mince and chestnut mushroom core, topped with Greek yoghurt and matured cheddar #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Q56l0S5m7a
- MCQN Ltd: In this week’s #weeknotes chris huffee has been trying out some of the new features in KiCad PCB v7, and Adrian McEwen @email@example.com has been getting to grips with #ZephyrWeek 909 – It’s a knockoutmcqn.com/posts/week-909…
- DoES Liverpool: Eddie with carved spoon made at only his second DoES Liverpool #MakerNight
- Nicola – Drawn to science: I won’t know if this is going to work until it’s finished, yikes! So far I’ve tried 3 different types of crochet and think this intarsia method is going to work the best. But, as I’m doing it I’m wondering if crocheting in back/front loops only would be cleaner? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/UtWlF3UklJ
- Nicola – Drawn to science: Finished and guess what?……it doesn’t scan. I don’t think it’s anywhere near crisp enough between colours. Need to have a ponder for what to try next. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/NLpUHl21hB
- Nicola – Drawn to science: Smaller hook and more tension…looking better! #workinprogress #trialanderror #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/LylugXdv9j
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: We’re at the point where me Pa can’t see the phone for WhatsApp messages and such. How do we provide a phone like device he can use to hear messages and pay for things and such? There must be people doing this ? #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: From Saturday ‘s #MakerDay – chris huffee helping Tom and Felix with a rectifying circuit #WeekNotes pic.twitter.com/XF6fDy4sji
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 13 March, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 13 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 16 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 19 March, 11:00am-3:00pm||Repair Café|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 380 open, 1401 closed
5 new issues:
- Fill in CIC34 form for 2022-2023 year
- Fill in CIC34 form for 2021-2022 year
- Doorbell needs a new battery
- Rotaty attachment for Gerald
- Fan in more accessible loo making knocking sounds.
Featured issue: Find a way to get github to send email notifications to the laser team. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: