Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Less than a week to apply for our April start Boost membership! Find out more and apply here
At the moment Weeknotes is mainly compiled from Tweets posted by members of the community, using an automated program that searches for the hashtag #weeknotes on accounts we follow. It’s still working at the moment, but no guarantees.
DoES Liverpool has now got a Mastodon account (as mentioned below, you can follow us at does.social/@DoESLiverpool or @DoESLiverpool@does.social), and we’re aiming to collect your weeknotes from there as soon as possible (there’s an open Git issue here).
For the time being, it would be great if you could post your weeknotes to both – if you don’t have a Mastodon account it might be a good time to set one up (ask if you don’t know how – there’s a DoES Liverpool instance that people in the community are welcome to join if you want). And please don’t stop posting weeknotes!
Things of Note
- Lee Hughes❄️❄️❄️NIX❄️S: #weeknotes well, what a week, studying, teaching, finding out more every day. even had time to a play and learn a little #forth on a small microprocessor. I’ll try and get some pictures , it’s a thing of beauty.
- MCQN Ltd: Not massively exciting #weeknotes this week, but Adrian McEwen @firstname.lastname@example.org has managed to get them out weekly for once 🤣Week 908 – Cycling Protocol mcqn.com/posts/week-908…
- Jackie Pease: WIP BuckyBall made from woven PVC strips DoES Liverpool today. I used thin strips to get more space in between, but it’s made it a bit unstable so looking at how to fix that.
Thanks @WillRobbo for helping come up with a way to cut straight strips using the bandsaw.
- DoES Liverpool: Weekend working – Patrick trying out McGraw, the DoES Liverpool pen plotter with an AI-designed flower and some acrylic pens
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 06 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Tuesday 07 March, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening
We have a regular evening where we look at improving some of the software that DoES runs on. You can join us online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg
|Thursday 09 March, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 09 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 11 March, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
|Sunday 12 March, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Make new things from abandoned plastic with us. Plantpots, purses … pedalos?
Shred plastic. Blend it. Meld scraps together with a heat gun. Make sheets. Laser cut it. CNC it. Stitch potato bags together with soldering iron? Make fabrics with a regular iron? What have we got, what can we make? We don’t know – let’s figure it out!
1. No Objectives – this is an aimless and wandering session.
2. Bring Your Own Initiative – this is an active session and we’ll help you get creative.
Every two weeks on a Sunday afternoon, between 2pm and 5pm.
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow @plastacs on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 376 open, 1400 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Networking in laser room is poor. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed: