Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
At the moment Weeknotes is mainly compiled from Tweets posted by members of the community, using an automated program that searches for the hashtag #weeknotes on accounts we follow. It’s still working at the moment, but no guarantees.
DoES Liverpool has now got a Mastodon account (as mentioned below, you can follow us at does.social/@DoESLiverpool or @DoESLiverpool@does.social), and we’re aiming to collect your weeknotes from there as soon as possible (there’s an open Git issue here).
For the time being, it would be great if you could post your weeknotes to both – if you don’t have a Mastodon account it might be a good time to set one up (ask if you don’t know how – there’s a DoES Liverpool instance that people in the community are welcome to join if you want). And please don’t stop posting weeknotes!
Things of Note
- John McKerrell: Not sure about this new @DoESLiverpool WiFi password [Ed: We didn’t drink it]
- MCQN Ltd: Exciting times in the MCQN Ltd corner of @DoESLiverpool@does.social today.All the bits for us to build the test V2 boards of My Bike’s Got LED are here#PCB #ibal234 #weeknotes #IndieMfg #OSHW pic.twitter.com/ZClumYugaQ
- chris huffee: My first real world output from kicad, reflowed this afternoon at DoES Liverpool for MCQN Ltd
It’s a v2 My Baby’s got LED. Only one led lit for now but soon to be lighting up a bike with WLED rainbows
- Adrian McEwen @firstname.lastname@example.org: It was lovely to meet up with Liam Robinson this morning and introduce him to the community and digital and non-digital manufacturing capabilities here at DoES Liverpool#weeknotes
- Plastic Tactics: Major milestone! 💫We made a plant pot each from milk bottle tops at today’s #PlasticPlaygroup at DoES Liverpool#weeknotes twitter.com/plastacs/statu… pic.twitter.com/PO6dydZYky
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 13 February, 9:00am-5:30pm
|Monday 13 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group
|Thursday 16 February, 7:00pm-9:30pm
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Thursday 16 February, 8:00pm-9:30pm
Maker Music Night
Got a guitar that’s gathering dust? Want to play drums but worried about disturbing people at home? Interested in meeting with people wanting to play music?
At @doesliverpool on Kempston St* a few of us have connected through music at the Thursday maker night and we want to open it up for others to join in.
Meetings will take place on the first and third Thursday of each month .
|Saturday 18 February, 11:00am-5:00pm
|Liverpool Synth Meet – get your free ticket here
|Sunday 19 February, 11:00am-3:00pm
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 376 open, 1391 closed
4 new issues:
Featured issue: Tony apparently not cutting square. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed: