Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Mini Sew N Sew: Feeling more than a bit rubbish today so I knitted a view of Liverpool to cheer me up… and it worked 😁 DoES Liverpool VisitLiverpool #happyplace #knittingtwitter #knittingmachine #Ariadne #digitalknit #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/v2i9Lk51eJ
- DoES Liverpool: Lots of repairs this week at Sunday’s #repaircafe, but also #makernight and #makerday – sewing machines, laptops, chandeliers, radios and lots more.
Plastic Tactics put their machine together, Ben made a QR code for a Scout history project and Liz used our cutting table
- DoES Liverpool: #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/upaAzcgoTg
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 23 January, 9:00am-5:30pm
|Monday 23 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group
|Wednesday 25 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Etsy Meet Up
|Thursday 26 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 369 open, 1388 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Door handle of Room 29 is wobbly. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Add the DoES Liverpool Mastodon account to the main website
- Order new lens for Laser Cutter Tony
- Light for the CNC cabinet has failed its PAT test
- Paint fire doors