Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Some ideas that came to me on #AssistedLiving #VisualImpairment and what we might do to enable people with vision impairment to access the digtal world more easily DoES Liverpool #weeknotes #techforgoodGary Millar RNIB Denise Jones BEMyoutube.com/watch?v=QDbpSh…
- @email@example.com: A 2023 refresh of of IoT Training Video on how to install Ubuntu in a Virtual Machine under VirtualBox #weeknotes #iot #iottrainingyoutube.com/watch?v=Kay_D7…
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Finally found the time to build on the basic IoT instruction videos I started last year to do something interesting. Here we start to talk about MQTT & cellular comms for IoT #weeknotes #iottraining #iotyoutube.com/watch?v=7bi77b…
- @email@example.com: The #AccessibleScreen is looking pretty good #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/EK2XR7x2Um
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Testing the #AccessibleScreen #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/u3hemQIPaX
- @email@example.com: Messiah! A child is born for us today! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/3TB32V4k81
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: First results from driving with my homemade Apple Airtag in the car. Espressif ESP32-C3 with OpenHaystack on. Good eh? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ae76iwTXnd
- Mini Sew N Sew: Started the year off with some bunting. Laser cut my template out of a small piece of scrap acrylic and then used up some remnants of fabric. Using up odds and ends and saving waste at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/dWl7CNeNrk
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 09 January, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 09 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Tuesday 10 January, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Thursday 12 January, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 12 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 14 January, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day
Our free monthly daytime meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials use
|Sunday 15 January, 11:00am-3:00pm||Repair Café – find out more and get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 371 open, 1379 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: We don’t know what signs we need up in the space. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed