Happy New Year!
Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: The boy has a Holiday Break plan 🤷♀️🤦♀️ #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/rUH62vQqRo
- @email@example.com: Oh my word. As if I didn’t love the team Fazenda Rodizio Bar & Grill enough, just look at this. The sexiest wine glasses in the world and their phenomenal Mendoza Catena Malbec. You folks always amaze. See you soon Catarina Pereira #Weeknotes twitter.com/i/web/status/1… pic.twitter.com/d4sf3aPhUK
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Fun fun fun TCALL publishing MQTT and acting as an AirTag #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/SfJWwQbMKl
- @email@example.com: I have an idea for a project for people who are becoming visually impaired. If you’re interested in these things please send me a DM and I’ll let you know what I’m looking into, would love some informed feedback x DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 02 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group
|Tuesday 03 January, 6:30pm-9:30pm
|Hack the Space Evening
We have a regular evening where we look at improving some of the software that DoES runs on. You can join us online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg
|Wednesday 04 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Liverpool Linux User Group
|Thursday 05 January, 7:00pm-11:00pm
|LivNUG (Liverpool Nix/NixOS User Group)
|Thursday 05 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm
Our free regular meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 08 January, 2:00pm-5:00pm
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Shred plastic. Blend it. Meld scraps together with a heat gun. Make sheets. Laser cut it. CNC it. Stitch potato bags together with soldering iron? Make fabrics with a regular iron? What have we got, what can we make? We don’t know – let’s figure it out!
1. No Objectives – this is an aimless and wandering session.
Every two weeks on a Sunday afternoon, between 2pm and 5pm.
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person:
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 370 open, 1379 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: Improve health and safety in the space. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed