Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
January Start Boost Membership
Not long to apply for our January Start Boost Membership. Read John’s blog post about it, and if you want to apply for 6 months free desk or workshop membership starting on 1st January 2023, the form is here. Applications will close at 11:59pm on 11th December 2022, and the successful applicants will be announced at our Christmas Party on 14th December 2022.
Please share with any people and organisations that you think might benefit.
DoES DoES Christmas!
Following the success of her DoES DoES Standup event, Kirsty, one of our previous Boost members, is organising our Christmas Party! It will be in the Fashion Hub, downstairs from DoES Liverpool, on Wednesday 14th December. You can find out more from her Google Group post and get your ticket via Eventbrite. All members of the DoES community and friends welcome!
Things of Note
- Mini Sew N Sew: Who knew there were 5 different types of #circleskirt!
All requiring different formulae to get the waist measurement correct. Here’s the product of my maths! #weeknotes DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/7qcQdWBgha
- @email@example.com: I seem to be in a really depressive cycle. I’ve not felt right since the clocks changed and *boom* it was dark. Anybody else with SAD? Still the wheel turns and we must grind on until the light returns… #weeknotes
- Jackie Pease: #cheerlights teal DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Always fun to get to do on a factory tour. I was over near Leicester yesterday checking out this PCB fabrication house.#PCB #PCBA #factory #fabrication #electronics #weeknotes #ibal207 pic.twitter.com/0Sbm7iVzF9
- DoES Liverpool: Just a few of the things going on at Thursday’s #makernight.- Ben making drumsticks using our CNC lathe/mill, Laila
– Adrian McEwen soldering components on to custom PCBs for We Have Never Been Individuals
– Barry and Cheryl showing us how to screenprint
- DoES Liverpool: –
– @knottyashcreatv using our lightbox, Gerda, to trace sewing patterns for a shirt
- DoES Liverpool: Our Maker Night is ever Thursday from 7 – 9pm. It’s a good time to take a look round DoES Liverpool, and maybe get a free laser cutter or embroidery machine induction. Everyone welcome including accompanied children #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Amber making acrylic earring components at her laser induction this morning
- DoES Liverpool: Have you heard about our Boost membership?
Every 3 months we offer a 6 month desk membership and a 6 month workshop membership free of charge.
Find out more and apply here: doesliverpool.com/co-working/one…
Closing date for January start is 11th December. Please spread the word!
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 05 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Tuesday 06 December, 6:00pm-8:00pm||Liverpool Godot Engine Meetup|
|Tuesday 06 December, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening
We have a regular evening where we look at improving some of the software that DoES runs on. You can join us online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg
|Thursday 08 December, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 08 December, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 10 December, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day
Our free regular monthly daytime meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 11 December, 2:00pm-5:00pm||
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person:
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 367 open, 1375 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Make it easier for users to find out about status of the laser-cutters. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: