Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: The #Regeneration / #Innovation cycle, or why we keep having to do more regenerating/innovating despite throwing millions of pounds at the “problem”. A problem not limited to Liverpool, but I live here and we have some good examples… #policy #weeknotes mcqn.net/mcfilter/archi…
- DoES Liverpool: Join us for Maker Night! Every Thursday evening 7pm – 9:30pmLaser cutters, CNC routers, 3D printers, digital embroidery machine and more…Everyone welcome, including accompanied childrenFree to all – just pay for materials.
- @email@example.com: #metamono Yocto Project GitHub Actions CI build and test now updated for #langdale release #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5IoSXFyZRi
- chris huffee: The DoES Liverpool reflow oven now defaults to English. Thanks to the Unified Engineering firmware. #weeknotes
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: This is the life #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/E7rvjeLP0g
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 14 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group
|Monday 14 November, 8:00pm-9:00pm
|Thursday 17 November, 7:00pm-9:30pm
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Thursday 17 November, 7:30pm-9:30pm
Maker Music Night
Got a guitar that’s gathering dust? Want to play drums but worried about disturbing people at home? Interested in meeting with people wanting to play music?
At @doesliverpool on Kempston St* a few of us have connected through music at the Thursday maker night and we want to open it up for others to join in.
Meetings will take place on the first and third Thursday of each month .
|Sunday 20 November, 11:00am-3:00pm
|Repair Café – get your free ticket here
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 371 open, 1365 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Make it easier for users to find out about status of the laser-cutters. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: