Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- firstname.lastname@example.org: It’s Cameron’s last day with us today. It’s a little sad to be seeing this excellent junior engineer go, so we have a celebratory chocolate and orange cake from the ever amazing caz’s kitchen here DoES Liverpool. Wishing you the very best of luck with the future career! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/1WcdidqlFN
- Adrian McEwen: Now the parade is done, chris huffee had time to write up what we’ve been busy with the past few weeks here at MCQN Ltd in our (three-weeks) #weeknotes.Weeks 889-891: More Bikes got LED mcqn.com/posts/2022-10-…
- Matthew Croughan: What is Nix.Camp? What happened at Nix.Camp 2022? I wrote a blog post about it. One of the best times I’ve had. Please read it, share it and come next time!nix.how/blog/nixcamp-2…#nixos #nixcamp #functionalprogramming #nix #weeknotes NixOS
- email@example.com: We shall be starting at circa 12 o’clock noon at the 6th Birthday Party at Top Rope Brewers in Bootle! (It’s a tenner for a ticket with a free drink) #weeknotestopropebrewing.com/birthday-party twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- firstname.lastname@example.org: The Tasmota smart plug stuff is by no means a money-making gig for us. We’re trying to do something nice for people. So it’s brilliant to hear a story like this where the data has shown Angus how much money he’s been wasting! #weeknotes twitter.com/kettlecompanio…
- email@example.com: We’re out and about at the 6th Birthday Party Top Rope Brewing today! Some delicious beers are here! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/APNVUpTxKZ
- firstname.lastname@example.org: There are so few places we’re free from artificial light #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/KTmFFP6DFR
- email@example.com: Loving that I haven’t looked at my Pi4 ProxMox installation DoES Liverpool and it still “just works”(tm)
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Love it !!! #weeknotes twitter.com/kettlecompanio…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 07 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group
|Thursday 10 November, 9:00am-6:00pm
|Thursday 10 November, 7:00pm-9:30pm
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 12 November, 10:00am-5:00pm
Our free monthly daytime meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 13 November, 2:00pm-5:00pm
Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Make new things from abandoned plastic with us. Plantpots, purses … pedalos?
Shred plastic. Blend it. Meld scraps together with a heat gun. Make sheets. Laser cut it. CNC it. Stitch potato bags together with soldering iron? Make fabrics with a regular iron? What have we got, what can we make? We don’t know – let’s figure it out!
1. No Objectives – this is an aimless and wandering session.
2. Bring Your Own Initiative – this is an active session and we’ll help you get creative.
Every two weeks on a Sunday afternoon, between 2pm and 5pm.
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person:
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 372 open, 1363 closed
3 new issues:
- Fatih reports that line engraving on Tony is inconsistent
- The laser cut knob on Sheila’s vertical adjustment mechanism is broken
- Replace firmware on the reflow oven
Write some tweets/FB posts/etc. the Fabric District can send out to tell people what we offer. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: