Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Great to welcome Steve Rotheram to our space to see what we do, from IoT connected kettles and air quality sensors to recycled plastic jewellery and CNC embroidery.
Look forward to seeing you at a future Thursday #MakerNight 😁
Thanks to Barbara Murray 🌹 for organising!
- Alex: None stop here in the ‘Pool Cybergibbons 🚲🚲🚲. This is Adrian McEwen DoES Liverpool ‘s work in association with Danny, part of the Peloton, getting people out cycling in Steve Rotheram KQ Liverpool and keeping them safe. Love it #weeknotes twitter.com/huffeec/status…
- Alex: I’m chatting to my cleverer pals who make things about what people would like in a #STEM platform. Caroline Keep 🌟😊 has been hugely kind with her advice and I’d love to know more about what’s needed in your view. If you tell me I’ll get it made for you x #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Matt Murphy chris huffee MCQN Ltd Jackie Pease The Matt Murphy ride by with his new #MyBikesGotLED kit #ibal234 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/j5IWsvIf3h
- Adrian McEwen: This cut-down piece of waste #PCB is a revelation! Removing the battery JST connector is a breeze now. The two minutes spent with the bandsaw and a file paid off with the second disconnection 😆 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/SL5tWwwN4r
- Alex: We’re really pleased to be able to announce that The Kettle Companion has won an Innovate UK , UK Research and Innovation competition “Fast Start: Innovation” to develop the next generation of our Smart Home Power Sensing plug #weeknotesDoES Liverpool KQ Liverpooldynamicdevices.co.uk/innovate-uk-co…
- Jackie Pease: How my bike might have looked at yesterday’s excellent KatumbaDrumming&Movement #halloweenparade Danny, part of the Peloton #joyride if I’d fitted my MCQN Ltd #mybikesgotled board in time.
Everyone else’s looked fantastic though and mine is now ready for future trips.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 31 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Tuesday 01 November, 6:00pm-7:00pm||Extinction Rebellion|
|Tuesday 01 November, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Wednesday 02 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 03 November, 6:00pm-9:00pm||AWS Meet Up|
|Thursday 03 November, 7:00pm-9:30pm||
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 05 November, 2:00pm-4:00pm||XRYouth|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 369 open, 1363 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: Kitchen light not functioning properly. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed