Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: We’re pleased to announce that the winner of our October start DoES Liverpool workshop membership is Gabriele.
She’s excited to get her hands on the equipment here, and her first project will be engraving wood with text in different scripts from around the world.
- Jackie Pease: Celebrating maintenance and maintainers.
Online, but if anyone fancies a watch party DoES Liverpool then get in touch!
Tickets are only £10, via the website.
- Adrian McEwen: Ordering a grand’s worth of LEDs to restock the MCQN Ltd supplies before the upcoming LED season #weeknotes
- Alex: #MakersHour A1 I’m Alex and this week I’ve been working on our new digital marketing display to link small business in local communities #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/GBgMBDc5X4
- Alex: The new #LivingWage rates are out. As a part of our commitment to be a living wage employer we will be adopting these from next month #weeknotes twitter.com/LivingWageUK/s…
- Alex: We’re Transforming the World – Land! The World Transformed #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/lhhqqtk2am
- DoES Liverpool: Mike G spreading the word at Homebaked CLT market
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 26 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Wednesday 28 September, 6:30pm-8:00pm||BizzieWatch (Open Meeting)|
|Thursday 29 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for maerials used.
|Saturday 01 October, 11:00am-5:00pm||Liverpool Synth Meet – You can get a free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 369 open, 1362 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: Work out and set up an induction process for the CNC router. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed