Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Plastic Tactics: Plastic Tactics have enjoyed meeting you at summer markets & festivals, hearing your ideas and working on exciting projects. Here’s what we’ve got planned for September. Hope that you can join in!
Please retweet 🦜
- DoES Liverpool: Yesterday’s #hackthespace night – @m3thoddan and Neil B added new LED patterns to these Peloton Liverpool #DiscoBreastplates (photos by Nalini). We also cleared some old crates and worked on new signs to show which desks are free.
- DoES Liverpool: Lovely ramen-based clockface, laser cut today at DoES Liverpool by @getme3dprinting
- DoES Liverpool: Teeshirt action at Saturday’s DoES Liverpool #makerday.
Kate, Ed and friends used the sublimation printer to produce 12 festival-style teeshirts for Kate’s nephews 21st, and Sophie machine embroidered hers with a physics theme.
- Jackie Pease: Remade this #tangram to use heat pressed and laser cut waste PLA filament Plastic Tactics #PlasticPlaygroup DoES Liverpool today.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 12 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Wednesday 14 September, 6:00pm-10:00pm||
DoES DoES Standup Comedy Training
As a last hoorah for our outgoing Boost member Kirsty Styles, and a first hoorah for six (un)willing DoES members and friends, our volunteers have been invited to do a 10-minute comedy performance about… anything they bloody well like at DoES DoES Standup on Wednesday 12 October 2022.
Made something? Done something? Found something? Know something? All thoughts and feelings welcome!
There’s an opportunity to work on your material and have a practice on Wednesday 14 September with a pro from Bright Club Manchester and there’s also a **bonus opportunity** to perform at Bright Club Manchester on Tuesday 11 October, which is the day before our gig. Call it a final practice or tell yourself you’re on the comedy circuit.
Contact Kirsty at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
|Thursday 15 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for maerials used.
|Saturday 17 September, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Hack the Space Day (Tidying the Space)
Help make DoES Liverpool an even better space by tidying the space, working on some of the Somebody Should issues and anything else you can think of
|Sunday 18 September, 11:00am-3:00pm||
Get your free ticket here
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 366 open, 1360 closed
2 new issues:
- Blue heat press (name pending)
- Create a shelf unit for test equipment on the worktop beside soldering bench
Featured issue: Tony apparently not cutting square. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: