Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- chris huffee: Why wouldn’t you want to work out of DoES?
And the aircon is on.
- Alex: Here’s a little more on the work we’ve been doing to create a low cost marketing display for SMEs We Are LCR4 KQ Liverpool DoES Liverpool #weeknotes balenadynamicdevices.co.uk/digital-market…
- Adrian McEwen: Lots of good questions and ideas about #ClimateCrisis in this blog post. Hopefully DoES Liverpool can play its part, maybe with The WEA leading the more formal learning side, taking cues from Carbon Coop‘s excellent work… #weeknotes twitter.com/ACarpenDigital…
- Alex: Round of applause methinks? Yocto Project #kerneldebugging #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/cVzvNWi0Bv
- Alex: #MakersHour Me and the DD lads put together this digital display system for small business leveraging balena. I’m quite proud of it tbh. What do you think ? #weeknotesdynamicdevices.co.uk/digital-market…
- laura pullig: Great to be back @doesliverpool learning how to solder surface mount components with chris huffee this week. The boards are for my DYCP project and have been developed by Adrian from @mcqn_ltd. The PCBs will help me make wind and solar powered sculptures. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hcWes9cI2N
- Alex: Very big night tonight. I’ve been looking forward to tasting this Malbec since I ordered at Naked Wines UK tasting in Liverpool. These wine growers are devoted scientists. I am in awe #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/lck099uINZ
- Jackie Pease: Really interesting day yesterday, helping Anne-Marie Jane on her Plastic Tactics stall at Mandela8 Freedom Fest – these planters she designed were a big hit (as well as the shaker she’s holding up in the second picture).
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 25 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Wednesday 27 July, 6:30pm-8:00pm||Liverpool Copwatch Meeting|
|Thursday 28 July, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 30 July, 11:00am-5:00pm||Liverpool Synth Meet – Get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 365 open, 1352 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: The laser head appears to be randomly moving to other parts of the bed between cuts. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- Hinges on more accessible toilet door pulling away from door.
- Check Queen Victoria is working ok
- Buy new tips for the soldering iron
Thanks JackiePease, amcewen!