Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex: The new laptop has arrived from #minifree woo hoo! #weeknotes See minifree.org pic.twitter.com/gKdkWuHUwo
- Matthew Croughan: MakeFest 2019 vs MakeFest 2022#LivMF22 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/S7SpCiSe7I
- DoES Liverpool: New poster created by Kirsty Styles, so everyone in the space knows about our regular monthly events. Sharing with our Twitter followers so you can come along too!
- Adrian McEwen: [Sound on] A quick #NodeRED flow to check the website hasborisjohnsongoneyet.com and then trigger a MCQN Ltd #AckersBell over #MQTT to alert the DoES Liverpool office when the Prime Minister has resigned #weeknotes #ibal169 pic.twitter.com/eFjM3ipFCO
- Adrian McEwen: New production staff cohort at Brainboxes Limited? No, just a bunch of us from DoES Liverpool on an excellent #DoESEpicTrip to have a look round Brainboxes #IoT production line here in Liverpool. Thanks for showing us round! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/4LWl8DjHTS
- DoES Liverpool: Venetia hotdesked at DoES Liverpool today, on her way to get the ferry to Belfast. We think she’ll be back though!She’s usually in London working in and researching nutrition – and said being healthy is 50/50 between food and exercise (then we hid the biscuits)
- Adrian McEwen: Another fortnight issue of the MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Weeks 873 – 874 Makefest! dlvr.it/STL86v
- DoES Liverpool: Not all makes have to be CNC!
Here’s Boost member Kirsty Styles with a lovely hand-embroidered hoop which she’s made for a friend’s birthday.
- DoES Liverpool: This was Terry’s exhibit for our stand at @lpoolmakefest and would have been a great addition – unfortunately he got COVID and wasn’t able to finish it until now…
Reposted from @knottyashcreative Penguin – recycled art
#WLED #mybabysgotledboard #LivMF22 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/WN4N6VgUe0
- Robotorium: I forgot to make pattern weights again, but luckily DoES Liverpool is full of handy impromptu alternatives 😉 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ipQlDSYslj
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 11 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 14 July, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 14 July, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.|
|Sunday 17 July, 11:00am-3:00pm||Repair Café|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 365 open, 1350 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Create a “Cost of Being Epic” poster for the space (and online). Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed