Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: A superb documentary. I was expecting to see folk I recognised (and you might too, if you’ve been watching my #JoyRide videos); wasn’t expecting (but wasn’t super surprised) to see Dead Pigeon Gallery; and *really* wasn’t expecting to see the DoES Liverpool meeting room #weeknotes twitter.com/badwool9/statu… pic.twitter.com/FW2PyNuaHx
- Alex: So tonight is the night before #Makefest. In the spirit of the event, I’m asking you ghosts of Liverpool MakeFest past, present, and future to make your presence felt and tell us all about your own stories of…. #TheMakeFest. Caroline Keep 🌟😊 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8i4DuPmzUY
- Alex: Great day today Liverpool MakeFest today! Introducing everybody to the The Kettle Companion #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/j3vxmx5Bkg
- Caroline Keep 🌟😊: DoES Liverpool ❤ #LivMF22 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/t4GrbLfZM4
- DoES Liverpool: Just some of our exhibits from Liverpool Makefest yesterday. It was great to be back, meeting old friends and new.Thanks to everyone in the DoES Liverpool community who helped out, to the Makefest organisers and everyone who came along.#LivMF22 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/WBhlGZelkI
- DoES Liverpool: #livmf22 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sHX0NjGqVm
- DoES Liverpool: #livmf22 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2JImh7ztzn
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 05 July, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Wednesday 06 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 07 July, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.|
|Saturday 09 July, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day Our free monthly Saturday daytime meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.|
|Sunday 10 July, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Liverpool Workshop)
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Make new things from abandoned plastic with us. Plantpots, purses … pedalos?
Shred plastic. Blend it. Meld scraps together with a heat gun. Make sheets. Laser cut it. CNC it. Stitch potato bags together with soldering iron? Make fabrics with a regular iron? What have we got, what can we make? We don’t know – let’s figure it out!
1. No Objectives – this is an aimless and wandering session.
2. Bring Your Own Initiative – this is an active session and we’ll help you get creative.
On the second and fourth Sunday of each month, between 2pm and 5pm.
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person:
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 364 open, 1350 closed
3 new issues:
- Tony drifting off course, error “alarm lock”
Featured issue: Install a hearing loop inside event rooms. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: