Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Liverpool Makefest – 2nd July
Liverpool Makefest is this weekend! If you’re exhibiting anything on our stand then you can bring it in now and leave it on the marked tables in the event space.
Follow @lpoolmakefest and #LivMF22 to keep up to date, and if you’re a member of the DoES Liverpool community then please get in touch with anything you want to display, or to volunteer on the day. We’re going to have 7 tables, so plenty of space to show off your stuff. DoES-related businesses MCQN, Dynamic Devices and Steam Engineers will also be in the same part of the library.
You can book now via Eventbrite for our Afterparty on the evening of 2nd July and Maker Brunch on 3rd July – an opportunity to meet up with makers from around the country and find out what everyone has been making, and a chance to do some karaoke (if you want…).
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: It’s almost the summer solstice, so naturally thoughts in the MCQN Ltd studio turn to doing cool things with LEDs over winter… #weeknotes #plotting
- Alex: Up on top of Liverpool Central Library for tonight’s BIPC Liverpool City Region #StartupStars panel event. What a view! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/iUgN7kH09s
- Alex: Had an amazing evening at Liverpool Central Library and Archives speaking at the BIPC Liverpool City Region #StartupStars panel discussion, ably hosted by JennyWallwork, alongside the inspiring Vicky Gawith (@MerseyMade) and Zulay Sayalero (Origami Pulse). #weeknotesdynamicdevices.co.uk/bipc-startup-s…
- DoES Liverpool: We’ve been watching parts of this amazing installation being put together here DoES Liverpool by @laura_pullig, Simon A, Mike G Karen A Scott Maker, knottyashcreative and others – can’t wait for it to be finally revealed!
- Alex: Oh my. I was wandering around at the #nakedtastings wine tasting tonight and discovered Porcus. This is fermented and spiced salami. Oh. My. God. Can’t wait to make cheese on toast with this tomorrow #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8J4s0IWOin
- DoES Liverpool: Rachel working on some of her earrings for the DoES Liverpool stand at Liverpool Makefest next weekend.#LivMF22 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/aYQsEAyhta
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 30 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.|
|Saturday 02 July, 9am-5pm||Makefest – get in touch with us if you want to join in!|
|Saturday 02 July, 6:00pm-Sunday 03 July, 12:00am||Makefest After Party – get your free ticket here|
|Sunday 03 July, 10:30am-5:00pm||Maker Breakfast – get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 362 open, 1349 closed
4 new issues:
- Sheila not cutting
- Ask Emerge to collect their secure shredding console
- Tony is not cutting
- Apply waterproof varnish to the bookcase and tables from Urban Workbench
Featured issue: Apply window film to lower two panes of internal windows. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- Get more blank sublimation mugs
- Strapline for DoES Mugs
- Make and Distribute DoES Mugs to Various Offices, etc.
Thanks JackiePease, zarino!