Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Liverpool Makefest – 2nd July
It’s been a while since the last Liverpool Makefest (the last time it happened was in 2019). Just over a month now until the next one on 2nd July 2022 – it’s going to be great to be back at Liverpool Central Library and to meet up with all the other stallholders and visitors, old and new.
Follow @lpoolmakefest to keep up to date, and if you’re a member of the DoES Liverpool community then please get in touch with anything you want to display, or to volunteer on the day. We’re going to have 7 tables, so plenty of space to show off your stuff. DoES-related businesses MCQN, Dynamic Devices and Steam Engineers will also be in the same part of the library.
You can book now via Eventbrite for our Afterparty on the evening of 2nd July and Maker Brunch on 3rd July – an opportunity to meet up with makers from around the country and find out what everyone has been making, and a chance to do some karaoke (if you want…).
Things of Note
- Alex: Great times Ritual Dive – The Um El Faroud Wreck #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/9eOPKVkdvB
- Alex: Lots of fun out in #Gozo with Ritual Dive #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IIMrYUBNGh
- DoES Liverpool: We’ve held our draw and are now able to announce the winners of our latest round of Boost memberships, starting on 1st July.🥁🥁🥁 Drum roll 🥁🥁🥁
- DoES Liverpool: The winner of the 6 months full time workshop membership is Sorrell Kerrison 🎉🎉. Sorrell is an award winning textile artist and designer, and a mentor of this year’s Hand & Lock prize. Sorrell is excited about using the DoES equipment and learning some new skills as well as hopefully collaborating on future projects. It’ll be great to meet Pipe the dog too – lucky we’re a dog-friendly space. pic.twitter.com/ZNQ4oFFYep
- DoES Liverpool: And the winner of the 6 month full time desk membership is Julie 🎉🎉. She’s a writer, performance artist and keen cyclist, and has already spent some time here, documenting her response to everything that happens at DoES Liverpool (and doing some thoughtful tidying of our Bookcase of Things – you may recognise the photo from our latest Maker Day post!). pic.twitter.com/59pQJQ8TGm
- Martin Dunschen: Lovely close-up of resident #swift. We believe a pair is bringing up chicks out of site in this eve ‘cos we see them come in and disappear behind the camera. #wooltonswifts #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ekHZknQaOz
- Alex: For those interested in learning a little more about how DoES Liverpool works as a community makerspace and co-location workspace here is the ethos. What do you think? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/0VtndDiJWR
- Jackie Pease: Can’t believe how much stuff Anne-Marie has prepared for the Plastic Tactics stand at #AfricaOye this weekend
- Adrian McEwen: Had an excellent time at Africa Oyé – 18th & 19th June – FREE ENTRY yesterday and the only rain was from this #recycled #plastic cloud hanging from the Plastic Tactics stall. Managed to bag this ace plant-pot, moulded on site at the festival using NestonHighSchool-Makerspace‘s injection-moulder from old milk bottles #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/zkg1ONvwqs
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 23 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.|
|Sunday 26 June, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Every two weeks on a Sunday afternoon, between 1pm and 4pm.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 361 open, 1346 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: Kitchen light not functioning properly. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed