Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon (making money cows moo): Toys! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/D6bb8ZX0m3
- Adrian McEwen: This evening is the next IoT Liverpool Meetup meetup, and then next week there’s more #IoT meetup fun at DoES Liverpool with the AWS Meetup! #weeknotes meetup.com/AWS-User-Group…
- Adrian McEwen: Tonight at IoT Liverpool Meetup we’ve got Dr Owen McAree talking about #drones, #conservation and more #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/HrTSeBb12C
- Adrian McEwen: Playing spot the spider monkey with Dr Claire Burke at IoT Liverpool Meetup in DoES Liverpool now. Nice use of #drones and #AstroEcology #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/WBhiBvsxRn
- Adrian McEwen: Cool #MachineLearning image classification of video footage from a #drone flying over Knowsley Safari Park (for training) from Dr Claire Burke LJMU Drones. Things that come *out* of animals also need classifying to avoid false positives 😂💩 #weeknotes IoT Liverpool Meetup pic.twitter.com/AWK1bYdio4
- Adrian McEwen: I’ve published my slides and notes from the talk on #data I gave at #ActByNum over on the MCQN Ltd website mcqn.com/ibal215 and written up some notes and shared some further links on the blog dlvr.it/RQbqRZ #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Laser cutting rubber stamps at dazzling workshop this morning – not the best smell (but better than leather or wool!) #weeknotes twitter.com/Rowan_Connell/…
- Arthur: On the way over, we reflected on what a valuable and underrated institution @doesliverpool is#weeknotes
- Alex Lennon (making money cows moo): Lovely trip with Arthur and an exciting new local #iot project. Gonna have to take advice from the #BlackGang experts Prof Lucy Rogers PhD Inventor With A Sense Of Fun ! #AnimatronicCows! #weeknotes twitter.com/arthrowl/statu…
- DoES Liverpool: A few pictures from dazzling excellent “Introduction to Rubber Stamp Making” workshop earlier today #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/CKbhaCn4PF
- Adrian McEwen: Prepping for the panel after the showing of Faction Films #LucasPlan documentary at FACT tomorrow, and revisiting a presentation I gave there back in 2009 at their #ClimateForChange event, pitching what became DoES Liverpool mcqn.net/mcfilter/archi… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Ix8P8BGYC9
- Plastic Tactics: A quick snap from one of many magical melts from today’s Plastic Playgroup at @doesliverpoolEvery 2nd and 4th Sunday @doesliverpool – and you’re invited 💌Price of entry: a dash of initiative and a crumb of curiosity 💡
- Jackie Pease: V. interesting (and long!) film at @fact_cinema earlier today
Story of 70s Lucas Aerospace workers who came up with an alternative company plan. Lots of relevance to #makerspace #climatechange #maintainfest
Plus panel with DoES Liverpool people @bensprung and Adrian McEwen #weeknotes twitter.com/FACT_Cinema/st… pic.twitter.com/bCu0VW19ay
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 02 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Tuesday 03 March, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Tuesday 03 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Thursday 05 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 07 March, 10:00am-6pm||Ladies of Code Liverpool Coding Hangout.
|Saturday 07 March, 10:30am-1:30pm||An Introduction to Rubber Stamping (with Darran)
|Sunday 08 March, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 312 open, 1082 closed
1 new issue:
- Install bed levelling sensor on alex-ender3
Featured issue: Write some tweets/FB posts/etc. the Fabric District can send out to tell people what we offer. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed: