Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Ross Dalziel: Happy 2020 MA Art in Science some of u may be interested in our 4 week eve workshops I’m running this month with artist laura pullig & maker Jackie Pease they’re also co-directors so you get friendly #maker community news while calling Neopixel functions & sewing #weeknotes twitter.com/DoESLiverpool/…
- Ross Dalziel: Worth noting that all proceeds from the workshops go back into the community interest company of DoES Liverpool to keep it going: like pretty much everything in our community it’s built on volunteering, generosity, love and GitHub #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: The #embedded #iot team were chatting over a Kriek at Christmas about what we need to do to help our new intake engineers learn and enjoy the job.We want to put some materials together as a resource to pay it forward.
Can you suggest topics? Would you like to help?
- Alex Lennon: Figured out how to turn the keyboard and front light strip LEDs off on the Asus ROG Strix II under Linux so non-tech people stop laughing at me for having a “gaming laptop”. Hurray !!! #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Laura James Carwyn Alex Lennon Members of the DoES Liverpool community use the #weeknotes marker to notify the DoES Liverpool weeknotes script of something to include, and it runs each Monday and creates a draft blog post for final checking and publishing. Code at github.com/DoESLiverpool/…
- Adrian McEwen: concretedog DoES Liverpool Laura James Carwyn Alex Lennon Well, originally you had to DoES Liverpool too, but too many people forgot that bit, and it was a pain, so we fixed it so it only includes #weeknotes from people DoES Liverpool is following. See github.com/DoESLiverpool/… for the full details 🙂
- Adrian McEwen: concretedog DoES Liverpool Laura James Carwyn Alex Lennon It occasionally means we’ve unfollowed people on the fringes of the community so we don’t pick up their #weeknotes and other times(👋 Laura James and Michael Dales 😉) it’s a judgement call made by whoever checks over the blog post (which used to be me, these days mostly Jackie Pease)
- Alex Lennon: Oh very good. A day later and I have my #Yubikey unlocking an encrypted /home partition… #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 06 January, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Tuesday 07 January, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Tuesday 07 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Thursday 09 January, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 09 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 11 January, 10:00am-6:00pm||Ladies Of Code: Code Hangout|
|Saturday 11 January, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 300 open, 1067 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Make Dinky a nice space for meetings. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: