Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Really excited! My first OSH Park PCBs have arrived. It’s a PMOD board for the LED panels that I bought from abx-labs so I can drive them from Al ‘s #BlackIceMX FPGA board! Lawrie Griffiths #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/xkxD1rIyhg
- Adrian McEwen: Levelled up my #PCB manufacturing today – just generated the XY positioning files from KiCad PCB to send to the production house’s pick-and-place machines for the #PCBA run… #MyFirstPCBA #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: All your PCBs are belong to us! DoES Liverpool #manufacturing #weeknotes LCR4.0 pic.twitter.com/8DKh75l4Si
- Jackie Pease: Acting as guinea pig for savingkii memory wire bracelet workshop @doesliverpool later in November #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Wb0ln3M3b2
- Alex Lennon: You know you’re working with the right people when it’s a Sunday afternoon and you’re itching to work on a tech demo for next week… 🤣#weeknotes SpriteGuard™ Sorcery Consulting pic.twitter.com/qRAZE0ZKQy
- DoES Liverpool: Today at Plastic Tactics #plasticplaygroup: beautiful lightshade material made by @kassimaker from bubble wrap and mesh, dishwashing milk bottle tops in plastic net (clean donations preferred!), and buttons laser cut from Celebrations boxes by Arthur #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/e7dVRO6kdE
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 04 November, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Tuesday 05 November, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Tuesday 05 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Wednesday 06 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 07 November, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Amazon Web Services User Group meetup|
|Thursday 07 November, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 09 November, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 282 open, 1022 closed
6 new issues:
- Buy new sublimation mugs
- Order parts for the belt sander
- Add some recommended engraving settings to the laser Wiki page
- See if we could run some simple automated tests and display 3D printer working status
- Sublomation printer yellow stripe.
- Get some more plates
Featured issue: status.doesliverpool.com is down. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- Can we receive email from Arthur?
- Creality 3D printers shouldn’t sit with their extruders at 140 deg C when idle
- Have two spare 1U machines for the server room, compiling, network storage, livestreaming, hosting etc.
Thanks johnmckerrell, ajlennon, MatthewCroughan!