Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: It’s an amazing thing to create physical objects like this at home. Especially for a software geek who has spent his career creating virtual constructs only loosely coupled to the physical world. My first calibration test on the Creality printer #shouldersofgiants #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/iVsfr72nN7
- Alex Lennon: Calibration piece come out with up to 0.1-0.2mm out on 10mm sides or 1-2% tolerance. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/eywxiVZM5G
- John McKerrell: Prep for tomorrow’s child friendly #coworking event at DoES Liverpool continues. More stuff that it just makes sense for us to have around! 👶🏻👧🏼🧒🏾👦🏿👩🏻 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8la4YL7csJ
- Alex Lennon: Had a look at setting up OctoPrint 🐙 on a DoES Liverpool Ultimaker this morning. Very easy. Used #Slic3r to generate 3DBenchy #GCODE, uploaded from my laptop and off it went. #weeknotes Little Sandbox pic.twitter.com/05E1r0yyzG
- DoES Liverpool: Whiteboard fitted and ready for the children to start their mayhem planning sessions! We’re expecting them to be pretty Agile and hoping for no waterfalls (although have carpet cleaning kit ready too!) #weeknotes 👶🏻👩🏽💻👨🏿💻👧🏼🖊📈 pic.twitter.com/bnIPtNFCm6
- MCQN Ltd: Shortest trip for this Museum in a Box #myomb delivery: just down the hill to Liverpool Libraries and Information Services. LibraryDenJ happily receiving it on the roof terrace, given the weather is so (unseasonably) nice 😀 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/UHlWDa4AUi
- Alex Lennon: Having a great time up with ImaginationLancaster Lancaster University talking about streamlining #iot object design and instrumentation #chattyfactory #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/NgVG6lS3no
- DoES Liverpool: glassheartcreative with prototype liver bird stencils produced at their laser induction on #makernight #weeknotes instagram.com/doesliverpool/…
- Alex Lennon: Watching some pro-level bed levelling going on DoES Liverpool today on the live #3DPrinter video stream. Who could these hands belong to? #weeknotesyoutube.com/watch?v=m7mW_U… pic.twitter.com/oZdFQDhlSi
- MCQN Ltd: #LookUp Out and about on some site surveys #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/jmiXE9k82r
- Ross Dalziel: something to look up at next DoES Liverpool #wearables Jackie Pease reminded me of laura pullig moss-rave synth circuits #CriticalKits #weeknotes twitter.com/faehnrich/stat…
- MCQN Ltd: #WIP Got the #WhatDoesHealthLookLike pressure #sensors hooked up to the #GeometricLight installation at DoES Liverpool. In this video the toe sensor controls the blue light and the heel the orange.
#Arduino #teensy #RaspberryPi #mqtt #LED #weeknotes #ibal206 #ibal191 #neopixel pic.twitter.com/JSu931BB6i
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 05 March, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Wednesday 06 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 07 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 09 March, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 299 open, 770 closed
4 new issues:
- RFID reader on events space doorbot isn’t working
- Gas strut on Gerald failing
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Russell’s head has broken the ear protectors
Featured issue: Set up and commission reflow oven. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Buy more address labels for the label printer
- Reassemble Extra Large Laser Cutter
- The website could look much nicer