Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: I’ve written a new blog post on the DoES Liverpool blog, weaving a thread through a bunch of the people here and how they relate to #Industry4 #robotics #4IR #civictech #civilsociety and more doesliverpool.com/uncategorized/… #ShareStoriesNotNumbers #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: stephen dobson Could Nesta & #4IR be a bystander in the #ClimateCrisis >1.5C, an actual revolution? Hate to pick on old posts & props to chall/ prizes nesta.org.uk/blog/sdgs-two-… & light nods to sustainability projects but shocked about lack of explicit reference to core issue #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: stephen dobson Nesta This is the #4IR post I’m moaning about bit.ly/2QafLmL also props to Adrian McEwen post on doing #4IR locally doesliverpool.com/uncategorized/… #weeknotes with love & hope not hate tho’
- Ross Dalziel: Nice #weeknotes CriticalKits #zerowaste twitter.com/goatchurch/sta…
- Alex Lennon: Really impressed to see what Matthew Croughan has been up to with the makespacelive stack tech. He’s got the DoES Liverpool #CNCCam live streaming with desktop streaming inlaid. Really nice #weeknotestwitch.tv/memetic_ pic.twitter.com/ZB6TSuS67Z
- DoES Liverpool: Spot the difference #room29 #landgrab #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5MryKM37VY
- Zarino Zappia: The new carpet in DoES Liverpool #room29 is so lurvely I just want to go and roll around on it all afternoon #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/zolOTqf9qP
- Jackie Pease: Interesting meeting on plastic recycling at Transition Liverpool last week with Plastic Tactics, emily gleaves and Million Stars Events. Talks now on youtube.com/user/DoESLiver… – well worth a look and might provide inspiration for #earthstrike event. Thanks mattcr for uploading. #weeknotes
- Robotorium: Excellent training on conflict resolution tonight for the new DoES Liverpool grievance committee! #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: It’s truly lovely to get such praise for the DoES Liverpool community from our peers. Thanks Emma Bearman and Gemma Latham. #weeknotes twitter.com/EmmaMBearman/s…
- Ross Dalziel: The DoES Liverpool #CNC & #steppermotor massive will appreciate the Yunchull Kim installation FACT #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/vT4Lz70C1Z
- Alex Lennon: Looking forward to moving back into our newly carpeted “quiet room” DoES Liverpool later today. With my new room buddies Helen Campbell and Zarino Zappia! Will have to be on my best behaviour! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/XdUOd6EoQV
- Jackie Pease: Thanks to Jan Egerton of @livhopecreative for the short notice tour of workshops and fab lab at the Shaw Street campus yesterday evening. Loads of good stuff to see including interesting-looking embroidery machine #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/oxZLfSS8yg
- Alex Lennon: This is an example of the problems you run into when you entrust your data preferences to opaque closed-source providers Joseph Savirimuthu Paul Fawkesley Francis Irving #weeknotes #iot pic.twitter.com/jNScXjd33P
- Laura James: #Weeknotes again. bit.ly/2DYCZdt
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 26 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Tuesday 27 November, 10:00am-3:00pm||Private Booking – Sale Sharks – Events Room|
|Tuesday 27 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 29 November, 6:30pm-9:30pm||GDG Liverpool – A Night of Technology|
|Thursday 29 November, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 01 December, 10:00am-2:00pm||MCC AGM|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 302 open, 685 closed
6 new issues:
- Gerald acting weak, not cutting through or engraving at full power
- Update the CNC Router wiki and reconsolidate the issues
- Doing up the house. We need to clean up the CNC room, and provide it with a functional modern PC.
- Door to Room 29 won’t shut
- Door handle to CNC room needs replacing
- Gerald is very noisy
Featured issue: Look at whether there are any “no strings” funding sources to assist with the move. Can we move this on or close it?
6 issues closed:
- Gerald is very noisy
- Get a sash window hook
- Smaller bandsaw is out of action
- Work out which bits of “character” electricals metalwork we want to remove
- Get VOIP phone number(s) for emergencies/door access
- Flooring for the quiet coworking room (Room 29)
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!