Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Another day with Julian Todd hard at work instrumenting DoES Liverpool #Makespace to log energy and control machinery #ESP8266 #NodeRed #RaspberryPi #WeekNotes pic.twitter.com/cIJxesN6SY
- Alex Lennon: I have mine on the way. Have you? #weeknotes twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/s…
- Alex Lennon: This is such an interesting dataset. I’d be developing algorithms to find which households have anger issues and substance abuse issues. Julian Todd how would we do this? #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- Alex Lennon: Annee is playing back what we got from Amazon.co.uk under #GDPR. Not good to hear me, my my kids and my wider family captured like this #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5x8JFO3sXQ
- DoES Liverpool: Room 29 is looking a little different today. We’re looking forward to getting our new carpet installed and finally moving more people into what should be a nice cosy quiet coworking room! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/FdEaH5FUhV
- Alex Lennon: What a great day! My new RaspberryPi 3A+ and my Big Lebowski tee both arrived! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Gn5f9ax7j9
- Adrian McEwen: Ooh, we have fancy new door illumination for the DoES Liverpool street entrance at The Tapestry #NightsDrawingIn #illumination #lighting #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/b2WSwKILhF
- Laura James: #Weeknotes: technology terroir bit.ly/2RZdTOo
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 19 November, 10:00am-3:00pm||Private Booking – Sale Sharks – Events Room|
|Tuesday 20 November, 10:00am-3:00pm||Private Booking – Sale Sharks – Events Room|
|Thursday 22 November, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 302 open, 679 closed
8 new issues:
- Laser cutter didn’t stop cutting when “Pause” button pressed
- Single common temporary dropbox directory on all DoES computers
- Tall wall rack shelving northwall between windows for hanging vinyl and other hangy things
- 6mm cnc collet and flat mill has been broken
- Get a sash window hook
- Design the Epic 2019 mug
- Air compressor plug is loose
- Laser cutters warp/distort output seemingly randomly
Featured issue: Sort out Reward Shirts. Can we move this on or close it?
10 issues closed:
- Raspberry Pi touchscreen for the MQTT server on wall
- Clear space for air conditioning work
- Doorbots should generate an MQTT message for each one
- Get Fab Manager running again to try out
- Make a time-since-last-fill counter for ZarinoWater
- Sort out Reward Mugs
- Member’s rpi based storage
- Make the mobile speech to MQTT to speech device
- Put the wiki into the same repo as the somebody-should list
- Reserve a desk for a hackspace public CADCAM workstation running Windows software
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!