Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Nice to see some of Andy Goodwin‘s #conservation #drone work featured on TreeHugger.com treehugger.com/gadgets/could-… #weeknotes
- Seán Gleeson: Just met Bubblino‘s American cousin #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/cqJPAtZWQ9
- Seán Gleeson: OK, @doesliverpool, we need a 3d printer that can make gummy sweets #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8Mc0SwdeDc
- Adrian McEwen: Me: “What’s that you’re laser-cutting?” Her: “Parts for a harness for pilots”. Just an average day here at DoES Liverpool… #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: Background processing today: #3dprinting #knobs #weeknotes (using up the spool-ends of… instagram.com/p/BQQTBGRgLG-/
- DoES Liverpool: Got the Arcitype #CNC #mill up and running today, running through steel #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BQQjVDKgeNV/
- MCQN Ltd: A productive afternoon’s coding and circuit-building #weeknotes #ibal183 @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BQQjq45gpue/
- DoES Liverpool: After the milling is done. #weeknotes #CNC #milling #steel @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BQSZJaWA2gI/
- Ross Dalziel: Prototyping some #python radio controlled #textadventures with #RF-Craft and serial DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yVK1iA2Cyg
- Adrian McEwen: OH at DoES Liverpool: “I don’t know how anyone manages to be a parent *without* a laser cutter” #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/tajlLunVRO
- MCQN Ltd: Timer interrupt-driven, variable-speed stepper motor driving #weeknotes #ibal183 @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BQTNfKoAdqe/
- DoES Liverpool: This season’s test gear. Test equipment model’s own #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BQTPCiyA3Pk/
- Adrian McEwen: THIS! A load of people organising an epic event (Liverpool MakeFest) and round the corner a load more making epic shit… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Def-Proc: Low cost PoE to RPi power supply with a Pololu 5V 5A step-down board c/ TTN Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/1YMyocWUws
- Def-Proc: Looks quite empty in the box! The Things Network #RPi iC880a #LoRaWAN gateway TTN Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/HohMgJDBDa
- chris huffee: Natthapong R. at Maker Night by Jane MacNeil #weeknotes twitter.com/Jane_MacNeil/s…
- Francis Irving: A novel CNC machine that was made in Liverpool youtube.com/watch?v=Tj979q… #weeknotes DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/tPLuHrnZkK
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 13 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm|
|Wednesday 15 February, 5:30pm-7:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 16 February, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 18 February, 10:00am-4:00pm||Wearables Technology Group Affective Touch Day|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 167 open, 278 closed
4 new issues:
- Connect two ESP8266 to each other
- Put the coffee machine on an S20 esp plug
- Ask questions to Williamson Square Agent
- Ask questions to Church Street agent
2 issues closed:
Thanks amcewen, johnmckerrell!
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!