Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- chris huffee: It’s laser cut Christmas trees all the way down. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ok18pOo6kW
- Ross Dalziel: Oops forgot to cancel #Dinky booking this morning DoES Liverpool sorry #openfairground meet got replaced by Skype as venue 🙁 #weeknotes
- Skull Kid: In spite of the #overlynxes‘ peaceful nature they developed terrible weapons they hoped would never be used…… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Def-Proc: The tree’s up, and part decorated DoES Liverpool ready for some more maker night decorations c/ Red-Violet… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- chris huffee: 10 trees and 6 cameras from one day DoES Liverpool laser cutting. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/zc0D0O9yAM
- dynamicdevices: Jackie Pease Tidied up the power supply and added some effects youtube.com/watch?v=DFVfad… #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: Programming jig #lasercut #surfacemount #pogopins #weeknotes #ibal169 @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BOE2Pvogzht/
- MCQN Ltd: It lives! Freshly programmed, the initial test code indicates a working #PCB #weeknotes #ibal169… instagram.com/p/BOE3gDJgR1T/
- John McKerrell: You can tell this laser cutting is important as I’ve actually bothered with masking tape to reduce scorch marks… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- John McKerrell: John McKerrell and being picky about only accepting cuts that go all the way through #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/MH8NxHkk20
- chris huffee: Pinhole camera kits heading from DoES Liverpool to Open Eye Gallery from huffee.com #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/1tYcYkJm9L
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 19 December, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Sewing Club|
|Wednesday 21 December, 5:30pm-7:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 22 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 164 open, 245 closed
5 new issues:
- Get a bottle opener
- We should (should we?) get a wheelie bin
- Someone has dropped an E in the main room
- The Ultimaker 2 is missing a bowden tube clip and a screw
- Upgrade the toaster
1 issue closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!