Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Nice to see the Dustbox #airquality sensor that we worked on featured on Postscapes #weeknotes #ibal171 twitter.com/pspulse/status…
- Def-Proc: 3D printed nylon SLA keys need a light coat of spray varnish to seal them for use #ergodox #keyboardInTheSprayBooth… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- REALRe-Dock: Looking forwards to picking up some ninja Moteino skills up from Def-Proc this aft DoES Liverpool #Weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hIpdRlyPpR
- Adrian McEwen: Breaking out the DoES Liverpool surface-mount soldering station to solder up my test Ackers Bell PCBs #weeknotes #ibal169 #exciting #iot
- MCQN Ltd: Ready for the oven #weeknotes #ibal169 #ibal177 @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BNwr_rNAOoY/
- MCQN Ltd: Cooking PCBs #weeknotes #indiemfg #ibal169 #ibal177 @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BNwxJ9Ygo5E/
- Adrian McEwen: So the Ackers Bell bells are currently doing 7 knots through Red Sea on MSC Luciana marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/sh… #weeknotes #ibal169 #indiemfg
- Def-Proc: Hmmm… I think that crispy component might be why it’s not working #weeknotes DoES Tower c/ Brett Lempereur pic.twitter.com/UtIDaKVsPv
- Neil Winterburn: #ultimaker2 #3dprintingstoolsample #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/CHc6l4E2ej
- Def-Proc: .DoES Tower is feeling much more #cheerlights compatible today #weeknotes DoES Liverpool #green pic.twitter.com/LXZiyvoi1R
- Neil Winterburn: Floating robots for peace. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/p2jmGfnYYl
- Jackie Pease: Caitlin’s hat – made with DoES Liverpool kinetic #makerday #weeknotes
- Jackie Pease: Caitlin’s kinetic hat DoES Liverpool #makerday #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ocQZlR2O9C
- Adrian McEwen: Blinkenlights! A productive #makerday DoES Liverpool for Jackie Pease dynamicdevices #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Nsbq14XJKD
- Adrian McEwen: Nicely printed tiny Stafford bunny to test the back-up-and-working Ultimaker 2 at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/DGo3D7WDtw
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 12 December, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Community Project Software Group|
|Monday 12 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 15 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 17 December, 4:00pm-Sunday 18 December, 12:00am||DoES Christmas Party|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 160 open, 244 closed
2 new issues:
- Make some tree decorations for in DoES
- Make it even more obvious somewhere that you can’t book lasers more than one day at a time
6 issues closed:
- Gerald needs aligning
- Review material charging for Vinyl cutter. What about 3D printers?
- Ultimaker 2 is extruding poorly
- Unpack the DoES Tower for December
- add led strips inside the laser cutter
- Fix the tall heat press
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!