Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: Our #indiemfg interview with Def-Proc about Push To Talk, production choices, finding suppliers & scaling dlvr.it/LkHXdd #weeknotes
- shrkey: Little bit of work to do but I think we have #pizero powered VR for the #grassshark 🙂 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pSuenQvxsR
- John McKerrell: “The helicopter is probably the easiest thing to sort out” DoES Liverpool v2.0 plans definitely afoot #weeknotes
- John McKerrell: “if we can trip a seismometer every morning” DoES Liverpool v2.0 planning continues #weeknotes
- shrkey: Working around delivery delays for Dark Water Julius – motors wired up differently for now for testing.
- MCQN Ltd: Today’s #indiemfg task: soldering up our #ESP8266 #IoT breakout boards that Ragworm fabbed for us #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/fJYqrZwVbL
- Adrian McEwen: Achievement unlocked: first surface-mount reflow soldering #weeknotes twitter.com/MCQN_Ltd/statu…
- Def-Proc: TIL: the reflow oven can’t be left unattended #RiskOfFire when #ThermocoupleIsShorted! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ov2a4qFjfD
- Adrian McEwen: Today Def-Proc & I learnt that PCBs bubble strangely if they get too hot… (it was much fiercer earlier) flickr.com/photos/amcewen… #weeknotes
- shrkey: Testing if the motor holes are sealed by filling it with water 🙂 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/0kProbmxmc
- shrkey: Props now on Dark Water Julius, #PiZero ready to accept RC signals, all ready to get wet 🙂 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/YuVd0YqrEa
- MCQN Ltd: It may not look much, but that flashing LED marks a huge step forwards #indiemfg #weeknotes… instagram.com/p/BHr6pUXgiDt/
- shrkey: Yeah, that’s prettier 🙂 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/a02En95Akm
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 11 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 14 July, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 16 July, 10:00am-3:00pm||Introduction to Laser Cutting|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 130 open, 181 closed
3 new issues:
- Get a new kettle
- update doorbot 3 because it’s very out of sync
- Who has access to the DoES entry on coworker.com?
1 issue closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!