Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Jackie Pease: Pinhole photo from recent trip. Jim DoES Liverpool prototype camera. Styled by fellow tourist Reg Towner. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/LFnGrhHlsP
- dynamicdevices: First pass at Node-RED nodes to encode/decode Google Protocol Buffers payloads. npmjs.com/package/node-r… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/u38C1WTmIi
- Paul M Furley: First time laser cutting, it’s amazing! DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ZuJk0ngYux
- Adrian McEwen: Paul M Furley DoES Liverpool Nice text on that! In definitely unrelated news, have you seen github.com/DoESLiverpool/… #weeknotes
- Def-Proc: Yay, moteino mega delivery from LowPowerLab ready for Made Invaders main controller #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/7BbJiHytyd
- Def-Proc: And while unwrapping moteinos, the LEDframe boards arrive w/ stencil #weeknotes Made Invaders pic.twitter.com/GtxXUGkzNV
- GeoSpark: Rey’s staff is ready for painting. #StarWarsTheForceAwakens #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/1QsufFcPjp
- Adrian McEwen: A successful #makerday – we’ve got #Tosca set up again for more drawing fun #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 11 April, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 14 April, 5:30pm-8:00pm||Human Centred Design NEW GROUP!|
|Thursday 14 April, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 16 April, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Get you head around 3D printing|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 123 open, 149 closed
1 new issue:
- Attempting sarcastic humour around people who can make things leads to creativity and ideas which could be of some use.
2 issues closed:
- Violet’s heating block may have a loose connection
- Damaged paint in New Dinky needs repairing (and possibly mitigating in the future)
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!