Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: With github.com/DoESLiverpool/… we now have @Instagram support for the DoES Liverpool #weeknotes! 🙂
- MCQN Ltd: Now you can add Instagram posts to the DoES Liverpool weeknotes, just by tagging them with #weeknotes!
- DoES Liverpool: Listen to the bbcmerseyside coverage of Liverpool MakeFest at bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02… – spread thru the show #weeknotes twitter.com/bbcmerseyside/…
- shrkey: A busy but very enjoyable Saturday at Liverpool MakeFest with the Dark Water Lego ROV #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Looking forward to talking about DoES Liverpool and the stuff we’re doing with Making It at Future Makespaces‘s futuremakespaces2.eventbrite.co.uk #weeknotes
- Def-Proc: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s a thermochromic #lambanana on the @DoEStower! CREATE Education #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/XywcWnoJK0
- shrkey: I keep forgetting to #weeknotes my #weeknotes
- shrkey: We made Lego ROVs at Liverpool MakeFest – now you can make them too…
- Adrian McEwen: Unexpected perk of having a work experience lad in DoES Liverpool: watching his face as he encounters Swarfega for the first time #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Rod Dillon chicken electronic membrane feeding system #madeinlancashire with sandfly curtain #madeinliverpool #weeknotes DoES Liverpool
- shrkey: Looks like Gareth Halfacree managed to make something out of my inane ramblings at Liverpool MakeFest 🙂
- Ross Dalziel: Rod Dillon chronology of membrane feeding glassblowing to diy suction pipettes #weeknotes DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/GIFNRWvNGs
- Ross Dalziel: #diy #venturi pump for transporting insects by Rod Dillon #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/xUMypJHwLm
- Ross Dalziel: DoES Liverpool Laser cut pipette with beveller for nano injecting insects #weeknotes for gene silencing pic.twitter.com/7QVMiajX9Z
- Def-Proc: (Unused) ice for laser cutters is good for drinks #weeknotes DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/rODru6kfYC
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 06 July, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Sewing Club|
|Wednesday 08 July, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 11 July, 10:00am-10:00pm||Maker Day and DoES’ 4th Birthday Party!!!|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 90 open, 83 closed
3 new issues:
Doorbot2 RFID Stopped Working
- Commission (or scrap) the Dell laptop
- Refreshment stores should be organised and labelled to make sure people use them
3 issues closed:
Thanks johnmckerrell, DefProc!
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!