Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Rex: Spent the afternoon DoES Liverpool 3D printing this tea pot decoration for our new cafe opening Wednesday! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/BpyC9CUyMP
- Def-Proc: .DoES Liverpool users will be delighted to know that the two UP 3D printers in the workshop are now named Rose and Violet #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Trying laser-cut acetate soldermask templates for some surface-mount soldering today at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- John McKerrell: Repotted half the DoES Liverpool potatoes today, now 3 per tub. Growing well. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yT611vhQ0v
- Def-Proc: A 4.7nF cap across a piezo gives a nice pulse on an o’scope cc/ DoES Liverpool #weeknotes ohnitsch.net/2015/03/18/mea… pic.twitter.com/uM0fbGK7AS
- Def-Proc: One #OOBB compatible Laser Challenge sensor tested working on Arduino today DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/gDeuKxlOOx
- Paul M Furley: “Life’s a Pitch” – Getting the inside scoop on pitching to the tech press from Matthew Hughes GeekUp DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Cool, new delivery to DoES Liverpool now means I have the full set of a Book of Things translations! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/HafTMSBnUq
- Def-Proc: In case of any travel damage, here’s today’s Guinness Cake for@DoESLiverpool before it left the kitchen #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8JIuvEdG5m
- Ollie Smith: RT DoES Liverpool: “Liverpool MakeFest: Thermal Imaging Wearables DoES Liverpool with Laura pullig @ka81 pic.twitter.com/pjOfqXjVJ9 ” #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: If this tweet shows up in the next #weeknotes it’ll mean I’ve successfully fixed Issue #7 github.com/DoESLiverpool/… *fingers crossed*
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 08 April, 6:00pm-9:00pm
|Thursday 09 April, 7:00pm-8:30pm
|IoT Liverpool celebrates global IoT Day
|Saturday 11 April, 10:00am-5:00pm
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 64 open, 65 closed
5 new issues:
Make more print for upcoming events
- Look at ways to communicate better to people about DoES.
- Create better physical mailboxes
- Internet to Martin’s desk is flakey
- Clear the area by the goods lift
4 issues closed:
Make more print for upcoming events Get the bed level so we can print raftless on the Up 3d printer Double check taping of power-brick for webcams Cover requester should be sent out earlier, needs a code change