Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Excellent green woman carving by Graham using the CNC router here at DoES Liverpool
- @email@example.com: I still have a headache. Right that was SO awful and SO disgusting that if I can help support a local lady or gent who needs a #BlueBadge renewal through this process I’ll be glad to help. Would a session at the library be sensible Denise Jones BEM Gary Millar 🤷♀️ #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: MAJOR new discovery this week. I can use the coffee in my V.60 to make coffee TWICE without affecting the coffee. This is big news, and a BIG saving off my household budget !!! #innovation #weeknotes
- @email@example.com: If you were cheffy you could do loads with these bacon and potato patties. Some sour cream topping, coriander and herbage? A decent little side-salad? But for me I’m just going to grobble down some cheap, nice tasting scran and freeze the rest x #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/bf3PmztuO8
- Plastic Tactics: Make a machine with us!- £0 to get involved
– Any experience welcome
– Some level of chaos likely Thursday 12th, 7pm-9pm
Saturday 14th, 10am-4pmat DoES Liverpool off London Rd, Liverpool#makernight #makerday #weeknotes
cc NestonHighSchool-Makerspace Liverpool MakeFest Africa Oyé Festival pic.twitter.com/6DJr9LExQM
- Robotorium: How many makers does it take to swap the nozzle on a 3D printer, and how many have to be in funny positions at the time? Answers on a postcard please… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ST4zbPoDs2
- Mini Sew N Sew: Made some tweaks to the design, very happy with the outcome! Great work Ariadne! #weeknotes DoES Liverpool #makersnight #ayab #knittingmachine pic.twitter.com/nFvMfHiKRH
- DoES Liverpool: Thanks to a kind donation from Claire @afewhometruths, we now have a new to us smaller vacuum former to add to the tools here.
She’s also donated this rotary laser cutter attachment which will likely be attached to laser cutter Gerald following his recent rebuild.
- DoES Liverpool: “Chemistry Chris” mixing plaster for a mould he made with our new smaller vac-former “Claire” at Thursday evening’s #makernight
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you… Friday Night Food. Nom nom. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/aLnSLssmj9
- @email@example.com: The #GNAT V1. Gnat is not an Airtag. Powered by #OpenHaystack #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/bTfFFIy6I6
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Today me and the boy finally made it out to one of the local international shops to stock up on the important stuff. Gonna have to hit up Manchester in Tokkie for the harder spices #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/od2O3ZKZK4
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 16 January, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 16 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Tuesday 17 January, 6:15pm-7:45pm||XR Liverpool|
|Thursday 19 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Thursday 19 January, 7:30pm-9:30pm||Maker Music Night cancelled as AJ not available|
|Sunday 22 January, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Make new things from abandoned plastic with us. Plantpots, purses … pedalos?
Shred plastic. Blend it. Meld scraps together with a heat gun. Make sheets. Laser cut it. CNC it. Stitch potato bags together with soldering iron? Make fabrics with a regular iron? What have we got, what can we make? We don’t know – let’s figure it out!
1. No Objectives – this is an aimless and wandering session.
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow @plasctacs on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person:
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 371 open, 1384 closed
5 new issues:
- New office desks
- Evaluate/commission Mayku vac former
- Pedestal unit has broken wheel
- Do something with the spare chairs in the Event Space
- Power lead to the kitchen bin works intermittently
Featured issue: Rear fire escape shutter is dysfunctional, does not close.. Can we move this on or close it?
5 issues closed:
- Pedestal unit has broken wheel
- Clean thread for nozzle
- Felicity PETG filament swelling/melting ABOVE the nozzle
- 3d printing issues on Prints Adam
- Repairing Ultimaker2 extended 3D printer
Thanks JackiePease, huffeec!