Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Liverpool MakeFest is coming up soon – it’s on Saturday 1st July when we’ll have loads of space to show off all the great things people have been making and doing at DoES Liverpool.
If you’d like to come along and help, or have something you’ve made that you’d like to display, then please add your details to the relevant Git issues or have a word with one of the DoES Liverpool organisers. Even if you’re not sure you’ll finish in time it’s useful for us to be able to know what we might need to set up.
More details below…
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: It’s Liverpool MakeFest on Saturday 1st July 10am – 5pm. Find out more at LiverpoolMakeFest.org.
We can’t wait to show you all the projects our makers have been working on, and to see everyone else’s work too!
- DoES Liverpool: We’ll be having an After Party here at DoES Liverpool in case you don’t have time to catch up with everyone. Free tickets here:
- DoES Liverpool: And also a Makers Brunch on the Sunday at 11am (not too early in case you’re still recovering from the previous evening’s karaoke!).
Get your free tickets here:
- DoES Liverpool: Great to see the pallet wood planter made by Kristina at Saturday’s #MakerDay now that it’s full of plants!
A good project for all the plant lovers DoES Liverpool?
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 19 June, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 22 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 25 June, 2:00pm-5:00pm||
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.Make new things from abandoned plastic with us. Plantpots, purses … pedalos?
Shred plastic. Blend it. Meld scraps together with a heat gun. Make sheets. Laser cut it. CNC it. Stitch potato bags together with soldering iron? Make fabrics with a regular iron? What have we got, what can we make? We don’t know – let’s figure it out!
1. No Objectives – this is an aimless and wandering session.
2. Bring Your Own Initiative – this is an active session and we’ll help you get creative.
Every two weeks on a Sunday afternoon, between 2pm and 5pm.
https://workflowy.com/s/plastic-playgroup-in/eRQRIWU6P2D62G6S“>Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 381 open, 1452 closed
3 new issues:
- Arrange a temporary accessible space for the then the lift is being replaced
- Fibre arts room
- Front shutter door bot
Featured issue: Install the hatch between the kitchen and event room. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Gertie: needle broken
- Restrict ability to edit wiki to organisation members only.
- Wirral Makefest – 3 June 2023 – DoES Liverpool stand
- Admin mobile phone is slow/hard-to-boot