Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- @email@example.com: Taking the afternoon off to drink fine wines and smoke meat in the sun with my boy #smoking #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/6GKALMNCtQ
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Rye sourdough to compliment the pastrami #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/T03YX6mJIk
- @email@example.com: Proper afternoon this lad. You can make as much money as you want but you can’t beat three generations drinking wine and cooking meat together. Nothing better. #weeknotes twitter.com/i/web/status/1… pic.twitter.com/ktmMhtwanG
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: This raspberry sour smoothie beer from Azvex Brewing Co. is my new world favourite beer. And that is not to be taken lightly. Wow. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/OjHjCfKPlo
- @email@example.com: Using Mobile #NixOS to do computing on-the-go by recycling an old #northstar AR headset and using zip ties and attaching it to our skulls#weeknotes #mobilenixos #nix pic.twitter.com/fgvWISeNX2
- Mini Sew N Sew: Gabardine blazer making DoES Liverpool #weeknotes next job is fitting it. pic.twitter.com/uk3Bla9xKV
- DoES Liverpool: Ouya console UART, courtesy of Paul H’s excellent soldering skills. Bob H hacking the console to run modern GNU/Linux instead of Android.
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Easter home made smoked gammon and pastrami. Our Sam sliced and vac-sealed up for us. Nom nom nom #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/6uo90yW5Vz
- Jackie Pease: A bit of Repair Café / Makerspace tourism today while visiting my parents in Gosport. Thanks Keith, Duncan, David and everyone else for showing us round – lovely people and a great space.
- @email@example.com: Canoeing, nixxing and posing for pictures in Anglesey. Climbed Holyhead mountain and now I’m tired. The lighthouse reminds me of the SCION logo.#weeknotes #nixos #scionarchitecture pic.twitter.com/JRfVwpuZ6i
- DoES Liverpool: Nalini spent Thursday’s #makernight making tassels from embroidery thread and threading up beads from gifted gemstone bracelets to create worry beads.
@robotorium overlocked a felt pouch to keep the beads together.
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Wow. I can’t recall eating anything this good. Ever. Stunningly good. Home smoked pastrami. Toasted white bread. Pickled cornichons. Grilled talleggio. #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- DoES Liverpool: Lamp base CNC routed from a block of yew by giggoggi at DoES Liverpool
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 10 April, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 10 April, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 13 April, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 13 April, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 15 April, 9:30am-2:30pm||Eco Glitter Workshop|
|Sunday 16 April, 11:00am-3:00pm||Repair Café – get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 385 open, 1409 closed
4 new issues:
- Fred needs white bobbin thread
- Queen Victoria printing issues
- Fred autothreader
- Booking Fred 12th April
Featured issue: Door handle of Room 29 is wobbly. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed