Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex: Last week we were at the Digital Catapult UK Research and Innovation
Digital Security by Design (DSbD) “All Hands” event. It was great to hear about what all the other businesses in the eco-system are doing with #CHERI and to learn a little more about the innards of the architecture #weeknotesdynamicdevices.co.uk/digital-securi…
- Matthew Croughan: On the way to #NixCon Paris via a 16 Hour Bus Journey. I’ve prepared all of NixOS’ Fixed Output Derivations on a Raspberry Pi with a 2TB SSD, so I can continue working with Nixpkgs OFFLINE! #marsnix#weeknotes
- Alex: So one of our remote managed digital media displays has gone up in the local butcher’s. He’s absolutely delighted. “It just works(tm)!” Raspberry Pi backed by balena #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/34nDumhYHb
- Alex: Today we got a Yocto Project build booting on the Morello #CHERI board Digital Security by Design (DSbD). UK Research and Innovation. We’re merely adding a little glue onto the work done by the giants but it’s a lovely feeling #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JtoP6Gzd20
- Alex: #MakersHour We’re selling The Kettle Companion kits over at kettlecompanion.com. Also power monitoring smart plugs with #Tasmota ready to go on them! #weeknotesyoutube.com/watch?v=oo9bA4…
- Adrian McEwen: So Liz Truss‘s tenure was so short we didn’t have time to set up a datafeed for the MCQN Ltd new-Prime-Minister Ackers Bell #weeknotes twitter.com/huffeec/status…
- Alex: Display number two has gone up at the butcher’s #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/wyRkPEQ9o3
- Matthew Croughan: Lunch at the #nixnox at #nixcon for #nixos with Lee Hughes❄️❄️❄️NIX❄️S#weeknotes pic.twitter.com/K1dwPBmrTH
- Alex: Our The Kettle Companion sale of Smart Plugs is about to end shortly so if you want Tasmota programmed plugs at a discount now is the time to buy. We will be adding a new cheaper product which are Tasmota compatible plugs, but not jailbroken from the original firmware. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/rSPZqRCAtv
- Alex: It’s not a bad place to live #Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nbdWsHiJb6
- Plastic Tactics: Jewellery making @doesliverpool last night!Our friendly guests made earrings & more from scrappy plastic, guided by Vicki (IG: @v_atelier_studio)Thank you to Liverpool City Region and Steve Rotheram for funding this project with the #CommunityEnvironmentFund
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 24 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 27 October, 7:00pm-9:30pm||
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 370 open, 1362 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Perform an audit of the small tools, etc in the Workshop. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: