Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
You’ve got until midnight on Sunday to apply for our latest Boost membership! Click here to find out more and for the application form. On offer is one six month workshop membership and one six month allocated desk and workshop membership. The closing date for applications is 11th September, we’ll be holding the draw on 13th September and the membership will start on 1st October.
Times are hard, but we know that there are still plenty of people out there with good ideas that deserve a chance to succeed. Please spread the message about our Boost membership to anyone you know who would benefit but might not know about DoES Liverpool!
Help make our space better – find out more here.
Things of Note
- Alex: NAS baseboard for the CM4. The boy’s new tech project #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2jSv4xZxPZ
- DoES Liverpool: Our latest Boost membership draw closes at 11:59 on 11 Sept – if you could benefit from 6 months free desk or workshop membership at DoES Liverpool then you need to fill in the form soon …
- Jackie Pease: Festival of Maintenance is back! It’s online this year, so you you can take part from wherever you are.
- chris huffee: … finished the evening being driven by one of the members to pick up replacement parts to fix another of the members broken wheelchair.
- Kirsty Styles: Sad! Only 13% of adults cycled at least once p/m in 2021 – lowest since survey began in 2015.Fun, friends, freedom, good for you and planet, get to places, look cool, cheap, pure joy… any more British Cycling Cycling UK?What gives?#weeknotes! theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/s…
- Jackie Pease: I was trying to explain this “bird’s nest” effect a couple of days ago. Easier with an example 😞
- DoES Liverpool: Some more pictures from our stall at @granbystreetmarket – @v_atelier_studio block printing was really popular, so we’re expecting a lot of that going on at #makernight in the near future!
- DoES Liverpool: Remember to get your application in by 11th September if you’re applying to our Boost membership scheme (details in pinned Tweet).
- DoES Liverpool: One of our Boost members, Kirsty Styles, is organising a stand up comedy night on Wednesday 12th October. If you want to take part, get in touch with Kirsty, and if you want to join the audience, you can get your ticket here!
- DoES Liverpool: This is what Kirsty wrote in May, soon after joining us, so she’s right on track!
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 05 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Tuesday 06 September, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Wednesday 07 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 08 September, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 08 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 10 September, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day
Our free monthly daytime meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 11 September, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)
In a world with mountains of plastic and molehills of play, let’s get our spades out and shift the balance.
Make new things from abandoned plastic with us. Plantpots, purses … pedalos?
Shred plastic. Blend it. Meld scraps together with a heat gun. Make sheets. Laser cut it. CNC it. Stitch potato bags together with soldering iron? Make fabrics with a regular iron? What have we got, what can we make? We don’t know – let’s figure it out!
1. No Objectives – this is an aimless and wandering session.
2. Bring Your Own Initiative – this is an active session and we’ll help you get creative.
Every two weeks on a Sunday afternoon, between 2pm and 5pm.
Facilitated by Plastic Tactics – follow on social for the latest updates, and to see what we make if you can’t be here in person:
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 365 open, 1359 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: status.doesliverpool.com is down. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: