Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: We’ve bought a new track pump to improve the DoES Liverpool cycling provision. This one has a working pressure gauge 😀 and works on both Presta and Schrader valves without any unscrewing of things 🚲🌬️😍 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sPZldfRAsj
- Adrian McEwen: Giving myself a wry smile as my debugging brings me to the point in my code where I wrote the comment “TODO Build a more resilient parser here” #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Julie working on the last of the hats for Danny, part of the Peloton joyride, here at our Thursday night #makernight
- Adrian McEwen: There was some big news for MCQN Ltd in the #weeknotes earlier this week. Week 829 – Come Back, Bubblino! dlvr.it/S69vW4
- Matthew Croughan: Just made my first sort-of useful video about using Nix/NixOS to cross-compile binaries, statically, dynamically, and using binfmt+qemu to test #RiscV binaries transparently!#weeknotes #nix #nixos #whocaresaboutcrosscompilation
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s Poppy Gerrard on the runway at Miss England News last night, wearing the ecodress she made @doesliverpool with help from Karen A Scott Maker and Jackie Pease
She won the round and is now Miss Plastfree Ecoqueen 2021!
She was also in the top 5 in the main competition #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/civPt31LI0
- DoES Liverpool: Some of the visitors at the first post-lockdown Liverpool Synth Meet, held yesterday in our Event Space.
Lots of lovely synths (not all brought by Mike G), and knowledgeable people talking all things synth-related
- Jackie Pease: At Little Peacock cafë earlier today with the @doesliverpool penplotter (didn’t take the coloured pens)
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 01 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 02 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 356 open, 1251 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: status.doesliverpool.com is down. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed