Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Xmas Opening Hours
Our Christmas opening hours will be as usual – we’ll finish on Christmas Eve, and return on Monday 4th January. In the meantime, anyone with a fob can use the building as usual; if you don’t, then email email@example.com to let us know that you want to come in, and we can let you know if there will be anyone around.
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Withnail & Lennon: Love your sexy toys pimoroni Phil Howard. Gonna monitor the bee hive with this. Any tips I need to know? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8E5JlVMg22
- DoES Liverpool: Part of a sheet mold for Precious Plastic Lancaster to recycle plastic into shiny sheets for use in all kinds of products.
CNC cut from aluminium by Arthur at @doesliverpool over the last couple of months #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/HseNpo9LFq
- Matthew Croughan: Have just set up an issues list for astralship.org via Gitlab. Idea kudos should be given to Adrian McEwen who pioneered this at DoES Liverpool. First issue on the list is to assemble some computers. #weeknotesgitlab.com/astralship/sno…
- Withnail & Lennon: That was a heck of a lot harder than I had expected it would be. On the plus side I now have a balena container for the pimoroni #EnviroPlus. I also know a LOT more about drivers and containers. Yay! 🕺🥳🎉🍾. #weeknotes Phil HowardCode here: github.com/DynamicDevices… pic.twitter.com/lnRSNlfOMK
- Withnail & Lennon: This is rather awesome. I have balena running the #EnviroPlus on a Raspberry Pi Zero. It’s connecting as a USB ethernet gadget to my laptop and sharing the connection out to the internet. So this now means I can chain this off my existing Raspberry Pi 4 #BeeCam #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ay86NYk1qK
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 22 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group – online at http://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 358 open, 1177 closed
4 new issues:
- High speed cutting issues
- Sophia is broken
- Main room door (Doorbot2) not operating right
- Dishwasher is flooding the kitchen
Featured issue: Update the safety at work posters. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
Best wishes for the festive season from everyone at DoES Liverpool – while expectations may be reduced we hope all of you have the best Xmas possible in the circumstances, and please keep us up to date with what you’re up to.